Where to buy trued and barreled action? - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where to buy trued and barreled action?

Troy,

Where on Long Island are you? I am in Sag Harbor and Manhattan. My home range is 100/200 yards. Maidstone Gun Club in East Hampton 5 miles from my house in Sag Harbor. You can also shoot 300 yards at Calverton one weekend a month which is about 25 miles from me..

I belong to Cherry Ridge, 47 miles from my apartment in Manhattan and you can shoot 100/200 and 300 there and I belong to Williamsport, where you can shoot 100, 200, 600, 800 and 1,000. Southampton Gun Club has 100 yards as does Peconic.

I plan to join Mid-Jersey Gun Club this week and start shooting in their Winter League.

Lets get together and shoot? Where are you shooting now? I typically shoot during the week as I sell real estate and am usually tied up on the weekends.

I have custom precision rifles in .22-250, 6PPC, 6mmBR Norma, 6.5x47 Lapua, 30BR and .308. Happy to let you try a bolt gun.

Bob

BTW, Bob White, The Shooters Corner, is in New Jersey about 50 miles out from Manhattan. I go there often if you are up for a Road Trip.
    Last edited by rkittine; 10-22-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Troy,

Where on Long Island are you? I am in Sag Harbor and Manhattan. My home range is 100/200 yards. Maidstone Gun Club in East Hampton 5 miles from my house in Sag Harbor. You can also shoot 300 yards at Calverton one weekend a month which is about 25 miles from me..

I belong to Cherry Ridge, 47 miles from my apartment in Manhattan and you can shoot 100/200 and 300 there and I belong to Williamsport, where you can shoot 100, 200, 600, 800 and 1,000. Southampton Gun Club has 100 yards as does Peconic.

I plan to join Mid-Jersey Gun Club this week and start shooting in their Winter League.

Lets get together and shoot? Where are you shooting now? I typically shoot during the week as I sell real estate and am usually tied up on the weekends.

I have custom precision rifles in .22-250, 6PPC, 6mmBR Norma, 6.5x47 Lapua, 30BR and .308. Happy to let you try a bolt gun.

Bob

BTW, Bob White, The Shooters Corner, is in New Jersey about 50 miles out from Manhattan. I go there often if you are up for a Road Trip.
    Hey Bob,

I shoot at Calverton mostly. I have been shooting my pistols indoor at the Medford shooting range lately. I did not know they go out to 300 yards at Calverton.

I just ordered a Remington 700 and all the goodies. I can only get out on the weekends as I work during the week. Hopefully we can meet up some time. Like I said, I am new to precision shooting so I have a lot to learn.

Troy

Hey Troy,

Calverton (or the Sand Pits as it is commonly called) closes part of the parking lot one weekend a month and sets up benches back another 100 yards so you can shoot 300 yards. I think you will enjoy trying Maidstone at 200 yards better than Calverton, though it is a private club. I can bring you in as a guest. Let me know when there is a good weekend for you and I can work out coverage at work for a day.

Which 700 in what caliber did you get?

My Cell Number is 631-374-9652 and my E-mail is rkittine at sign aol dot com

Bob
    Robert Kittine

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

I should have a working gun shortly and we can see what weekend works to throw some lead.

I decided to build a .308. I am not very patient so I bought a 700 SPS to use while I have the action and barrel done. I will build the new gun now and just switch out the new action and barrel when they are completed. Here is the build so far. I am open to ideas....

PTG blue printed action
    Benchmark 20 inch MTU
    Magpul Hunter stock in OD
    Atlas bipod
    Timney Calvin Elite trigger
    Vortex razor HD Gen II

It will look a lot like Robert Ks without the suppressor as I am in New Yorkistan

His pic really got me motivated to start the build. Great looking gun

image.jpg

Since you are building, don't forget to pick the correct twist for the type of projectiles you will be using for the yardages you want to shoot.

You can still hang a big old muzzle break on it if you want that for the look, or a barrel tuner. Should be really nice when you are done.

My .308 is in a PDC Gen IV Chassis. Remington S/S Action Blue Printed by Doyle Anglin, Krieger barrel, Calvin Elite Trigger reworded by Doyle and a Nightforce Scope with Burris Signature Z Rings with inserts along with a Harris Bipod. It likes Berger 155 and 168 Grain VLDs the best.

MAIN.jpg

Bob
    Last edited by rkittine; 10-27-2016 at 07:48 AM.
    Robert Kittine

Quote Originally Posted by Troy32323 View Post
    I only punch paper. I am on long island and only have access to a 200 Yard range. We have a house upstate ny and I would assume I could find some ranges with more distance.
    Try Forbes Rifle & Pistol Club - Long Range Target Shooting in Colonie, New York - Home in upstate, I've heard it's hard to get into, but worth it.
    No brand loyalty, just what works.
    Taurus 709 slim
    Sig p226, .40
    Ruger sp101, 3in .357
    Troy PAR, 5.56 because... ...NY
    Savage 99c, .308
    Mossberg 835
    This one I built...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12