700 CDL Lefty
Join Today

Thread: 700 CDL Lefty

RGK

700 CDL Lefty

Here's a pretty nice CDL in .223 that groups quite well. Waiting on a custom shop 700 C-grade now in .25-06.
    Bob

Very nice,like them CDL’s haven’t heard any complaints on them. Have a stainless fluted one in .257 Wby that shoots lights out.

The last 700 (40X Actually) that I bought from the Custom Shop came with a Krieger Barrel, which I requested. Now that they are being made by Dakota Arms, you might want to check what barrel you can have. Sure better than a Remington Barrel.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

RGK
    Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    The last 700 (40X Actually) that I bought from the Custom Shop came with a Krieger Barrel, which I requested. Now that they are being made by Dakota Arms, you might want to check what barrel you can have. Sure better than a Remington Barrel.

Bob
    Roger that. All custom 700s now have an accuracy guaranty. I talked at length with the shop mgr, who said the barrels don't come off the regular 700 production line. All custom barrels are checked with a barrel gauge, along with other stuff that doesn't happen in Ilion. Actions are pulled from the line, then trued before barreling. If this rifle works out well I'll order another in .270. I've seen a couple of the newer 700C's and they're pretty nice. It's too bad about Remington production barrels...Remington used to have the reputation for the best factory barrels made. Not now.
    Bob