New guy and his not so new 700
Join Today

Hey everyone,

Here is my 1968 Rem700 .22-250 that was passed down to me by my late grandfather. I have gotten around to getting a few things for it the last couple of days, Nikon monarch 4-16x50, leupold rings, and harris bipod.

Nice! And welcome... Kinda looks funny/odd seeing a ole' school 700woody with a bipod.

Quote Originally Posted by cobretr
    Nice! And welcome... Kinda looks funny/odd seeing a ole' school 700woody with a bipod.

well at some point I am looking to get a new stock. I was looking at h-s precision stocks but I'm not sure if they will work for the .22-250. Anyone know of any compatible stocks? Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

it does not matter that you have a 22-250 if the action is a short action its a short action stock. If its a long action then its a long action stock thats all that Remington has for actions in the 700. The 22-250 should be a short action stock. If you go to HS precision web site I believe they have info for all versions. ADL,BDL and so on.....................................

really nice rifle by the way :D
    I have a buddy that has a 68 in 7MM Mag with the hunting barrel though.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp

That's a beautiful rifle man.
    Sorry about your grandfather though.

That would be a prime candidate for a m40 clone!

Quote Originally Posted by cobretr
    That would be a prime candidate for a m40 clone!
    I second that! That would be a dream setup, and aged to perfection too.

winxp, thanks for the info. I kinda thought that was the case but wasn't 100%.

Frank, thanks about my grandfather...has been few years tho but everytime I see the gun it does bring a lot of memories back.

cobretr and gglass, I did a quick lookup on the m40....maybe someday but looks like it would take quite a bit of parts and $$ lol one step at a time tho.

What mods would you guys recommend to this rifle if it was you? Looking at all the stuff out there for guns....kinda turns into a blur

I would definatly do the stock over and even bed the action to the stock. and see how it shoots and go from there. If it will shoot really good then no more needs for mods. If not then you will want to blue print the action+bolt and true it also. Then get to reloads and you should be fine.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp