52gr Berger Target
Join Today

52gr Berger Target

If anyone is shooting this bullet in 223 can you share your COL?
    Last edited by Doom; 10-29-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

I am using the 52 ,224 in my 22-250. Berger Manul says in the .223 the 52 has a COAL of 2.260
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Thanks Bob. I shot it yesterday at ~2.265 in the wind and was pleased with the results. I’ll probably try testing some different seating depths next week. I was previously shooting the 53 SMK and this bullet definitely has a different profile.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

For production projectiles I am a fan of many of the Berger designs and weights as well as the new Tipped (Closed tip, not polymer tip) Sierra's. Saves me from cutting and tipping myself which is a two state process. Berger uses a thinner jacket material than Sierra and you have to be careful tipping them or you can get deformation. It does increase the BC however.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

This is my first try with Berger. Since most of my shooting is 300yds max I don't really push the bullets. The SMK can shoot 3 shot groups at 100yds in the .1's and make it pretty easy to pick off sporting clays at 300yds. That's in a REM 700 ADL Varmint I picked up at Dick's Sporting Goods back in 2009. The rifle is mostly stock but it's in a Choate Ultimate Varmint Stock. I was a little surprised that the ogive to tip length seemed to vary quite a bit on the Berger. I set up on a bullet to get 2.260 COL and the majority ended up at 2.265". Not that it mattered.

I mike my projectiles for diameter and then weight sort them. Then I check bearing surface and sort them by that. Overall length is not that big of a measurement for me.
    Robert Kittine

Search tags for this page

berger 52 gr varmint target

Click on a term to search for related topics.