Hello everyone!
Join Today

Thread: Hello everyone!

Hello. New guy here to the forum. Found this site by during a search for Remington SPS Tactical. Looks like a great site so far.

Now for the good news. I just ordered a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in 223. I have been eyeballing these guns for a while now and after seeing all of the Tacticals yall have, I had to have one. Should be here tomorrow afternoon (6/15/11). I ordered mine from budsgunshop.com. He had the best deals of anyone around. His price was $160 cheaper than my local gun shop.

I am super excited about getting it. I have a H-S Precision stock waiting for the barreled action and also a EGW mount with Burris XTR rings. Scope is going to be a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42 until I decide on a new model. I have other rifles. so this is going to be my coyote and rabbit gun. That'y why I am only mounting a 2.5-10 power scope. If I decide to stretch her legs out farther, I will get a higher powered scope. Should be a great little set up. Well I will quit boring everyone now. Thanks

PureTexan

Welcome!
    You came to the right place for all that is the 700!

;-)
    Remington 700P .308
    Leupold Vari-X II 3-9x40 Tactical

NRA Life Member
    Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Quote Originally Posted by gdvan01

;-)

Looks like it. I hope to get my 700 collection back up in running. I had a good selection about 5 years ago and one by one I sold them off try try different setups(AR15, other semi auto, single shots, etc.) but I was raised on the 700 action and that is where I belong.

After I get this 700 TAC ready to go, I have a 700P that is begging for a new scope and some range time.

PureTexan

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Welcome here and there is plenty of info to read here from all the good fellow shooter. Great choice in rifle by the way :D

I have a friend that also just got a .223 700 SPS Tac and he loves it. I just loaded him 100 rounds of match 69gr stuff to see how it will shoot.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by PureTexan
    Quote Originally Posted by gdvan01

;-)

Looks like it. I hope to get my 700 collection back up in running. I had a good selection about 5 years ago and one by one I sold them off try try different setups(AR15, other semi auto, single shots, etc.) but I was raised on the 700 action and that is where I belong.

After I get this 700 TAC ready to go, I have a 700P that is begging for a new scope and some range time.

PureTexan
    Now that's some sexy talk right there...
    Remington 700P .308
    Leupold Vari-X II 3-9x40 Tactical

NRA Life Member
    Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Welcome. I have a 700 sps tact in a 223 also. I loaded up some match 69s and and had awesome success with them. I also have mine set up to do some bunny and coyote hunting. Great gun for it.

Hey Tex,

10x is plenty for your 223.

Actually, until recently 10x is all we were using on our 7.62x51's, and we were taking them out to 1000 meters.
    \"It takes a big person to defend those not capable. It takes an even bigger person to defend those not willing.\" BC

Rem700 SPS .300WM | 24\" Fluted #9 | Tubb Bolt and Recoil Lug | Holland Radial Brake | B&C Medalist M40 | USO T-Pal

Welcome to the forum!