twist rate on SPS Tactical

twist rate on SPS Tactical

I read a bunch of articles and posts on various sites that say the twist rate for the SPS Tactical is 1:12. They're all from a few years ago or even older. I know the AAC-SD is 1:10. Is the twist rate for the SPS Tactical (non AAC-SD) now 1:10, as it says on Remington's website? If so, does anyone know when the change occurred? Thanks in advance.

Around 2015 is my guess. If the twist is not listed on the barrel, it’s 1 in 12. 1 in 10 are listed as such on the factory barrel.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

It is so easy to confirm it yourself, which is what I do with every new rifle or barrel I buy.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    It is so easy to confirm it yourself, which is what I do with every new rifle or barrel I buy.

Bob
    I can't because I didn't buy yet! Wanted to know before I buy.

In any case, I called Remington. The first rep said it's 1:12, but then said she is new and isn't sure. The second rep transferred me to someone who told me it's 1:10 and the switch was made about 2 years ago.

So, I guess it's 1:10? Regardless, will get the AAC-SD b/c it's threaded whereas the non-AAC-SD isn't.