Vtr?
Join Today

Thread: Vtr?

Vtr?

I've had a .223 VTR for several years now, and found it to be a supremely accurate rifle but, apparently it's not popular. Anyone here have one? My search came up with zilch.

I have a VTR in .308 i love it very few of them here in the UK it gets quite a lot of attention down my local rage when i use it its just as accurate as my 700p.
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

I have two, one in 223 and a 308. The 223 seems to shoot hole in hole by itself. The 308 will do well if I can do my part. You will see lots of negative reviews on them, but I am extremely pleased with mine. I will say that a new choate stock and timney trigger did improve their accuracy a great deal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Attachment 1081

I love mine in 223!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tjmorris58 View Post
    You will see lots of negative reviews on them, but I am extremely pleased with mine.
    You know there was a time when reviewers could not find anything bad about ANYTHING, presumably not to lose ad revenue and reviewers lost credibility to where nobody believed them because some junk products with known issues never had a bad review.

Nowadays I see nit picking from reviewers to a degree I've never seen before. From "The stock doesn't fit" (Duh not everyone is anatomically identical) or "Sub par accuracy of only .5"" Yeah horrible accuracy there.

It's to a point I once again do not believe reviews because the pendulum has swung again too far :-)

Reviewers have to ask, with the the SPS @ ~$724 and VTR @ $980 Why is it that the VTR is still in the product line in an industry that does not accept slow sales?

I'm very satisfied with my .223 VTR, so much so I may also get one in .308 and off the ENORMOUS Savage BAT/S :-)

My VTR .308 in AI Stock. I think these bad boys look very cool in this stock.

IMG_1438.jpg
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Quote Originally Posted by gnappi View Post
    I've had a .223 VTR for several years now, and found it to be a supremely accurate rifle but, apparently it's not popular. Anyone here have one? My search came up with zilch.
    I'm kinda surprised. The varmint tactical is a very nice product. None of the major rags wrote about it? Honestly I prefer when Mel from Sniper Central does a review to any of those rags. Here is an article Mel did: Remington 700 VTR - Sniper Central

My favorite shooter is the one right above yours. I went with the extreme for one of my 700's. I love the XHR/XTR setup of the triangle cut and I like the extra surface area and feel it's fairly equal to the older fluting method of my 700 Police.

I'm not sure this is bad karma to say this on our Remington 700 site, but about 20 minutes up the road from the Remington Ilion HQ is Savage Arms in Utica. I know some folks that work for Savage, and have heard amazing things about their product lines. So this summer I did the nasty; and I went over to Herb Phillipsons about 6 miles from Ilion and bought the Savage Model 25, which is a descendant of the Model 40. The trigger is extremely smooth with no hitches. I hate the hitches that sometimes happen in the older 700 PSS triggers. For glass I went with a Nikon, the new P223 model where the turret gets adjusted without the need for a wrench. The outer component lifts upward and snaps back down in quarter MOA drop in clicks. So you dial it in, then lift it up and move it to the zero marker and it snaps back down and you are done. This Savage is every bit as good as the 700 Varminter series and I am now a fan. Doesn't mean I will buy any more; but I am a fan of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    I'm not sure this is bad karma to say this on our Remington 700 site, but about 20 minutes up the road from the Remington Ilion HQ is Savage Arms in Utica. I know some folks that work for Savage, and have heard amazing things about their product lines.

Savage rifles are bombad, anyone who doesn't know that has their head wrapped in a logo :-).

I have a Savage BAT/S that is an unbelievable rifle, and it should be for the coin they charged for them.

Regarding that review you mentioned, I didn't see anything laudatory about the VTR. I did write a comment on his review.

According to him the stock, trigger, accuracy, muzzle brake were cetainly not high points. I disagree on all points

PS. So did others who commented on the article
    Last edited by gnappi; 09-29-2015 at 04:04 PM.