SPS Tactical in 300 BLK

SPS Tactical in 300 BLK

It seems most of you are shooting long distance with your 700's so I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that has it in 300BLK? I know it's not a long range caliber but i was wondering if anyone had one and what your setup was if you do? Do you hunt with it or just mid range plinking with it? Do you primarily run supers or subs through it? I just won an auction for one and I plan on using it primarily for subs to 200 but have been thinking about running supers out of it too.

I would go the AR route for a 300BLK. Unless you just dont have open space. But they are fun either way and with a bolt and can on it it would be a super quiet rifle! Oh and you reload?
    Last edited by Winxp_Man; 10-14-2015 at 01:42 AM.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp

Thanks for replying WinXP. I already have a 9" SBR AR in 300BLK and love it. 5R8B4044 Small.jpgI do reload and have several different sub loads including a load with 90gr XTP's using trailboss for my wifes handi rifle that make a 22 suppressed rifle sound like it's not suppressed and that's with an Octane 9 on the end. The AR is fun for some plinking but in comparison to the handi is loud because of the action noise. I still LOVE it it's just not as quiet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyF7...ature=youtu.be

I have an Omega in jail so I thought the 700 in 300BLK would make a perfect host for it shooting subs with trailboss. I figured it wouldn't be a popular 700 on here and figured no one has one or would admit to having one, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Winxp_Man View Post
    I would go the AR route for a 300BLK. Unless you just dont have open space. But they are fun either way and with a bolt and can on it it would be a super quiet rifle! Oh and you reload?

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Soooo zero people with the 700 in 300 BLK it looks like? I'm beginning to think I'm in the wrong forum, lol.

I just bought the blackout in 700 in addition to the 308. I have an 8 inch barreled AR that was suppressed but with the suppressor on it kinda defeated the purpose of a SBR so now the can is dedicated to the 700 blackout. Using 125g TNT with 17.5g of H110 I am getting one hole groups at 100yds. Using 240g cast over 10g of 4227 I can ring a 6 inch gong all day and the only thing you hear is a puff and a ding. This is going to be my new hog gun. Really thinking about putting it in a magpul stock though. I don't really like the traditional grip angle.

If you just want to mess around with quiet stuff the 300 Blackout is the way to go then! Imagine how quiet!

Baxsom you have a good place to get 165-170gr cast bullets? I have been messing around with my .308 in my back yard of half acre and its fun shooting a .308 Win with 165gr cast bullets over 4.5gr of trailboss
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp

Not that I can find. The closest that I know of is the 200 grain ones from palmetto projectiles

m21
    I HAVE A Remington 700 in 300 blackout. The twist is not what Remington marked on the barrel and when I called them on it they acted like it was no big deal. Also I have discovered that the new and improved extractor does not work or was installed on Monday morning or Friday afternoon as it is a single shot till I get that straightned out. I wanted to use the Lehigh 194 ME projectile but with wrong twist it will not stabilize. So I am going to work up a plated 180 gr hollow point bullet load and use that for now until I put a new barrel on it.

I had heard of twist ratio’s being mislabeled on earlier 300 Black Outs has this been corrected, anybody know?

I never trust the listed twist of any Remington Manufactured barrel and always check them, even the long standing most popular calibers.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York