Buying first 700 for deer hunting
Join Today
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Buying first 700 for deer hunting

I have heard alot of good things about the remington 700 that i have decided to buy one. I'm looking for advice on what kind of 700 would be best for me to use. Any info would be awsome dont know to much about the gun itself so i could use all the help i could get. Thanks.

Super Moderator
    700 sps tactical aac-sd, it's small , relatively light considering it has a heavy barrel, the hogue stock is a ghille green that blends well and won't slip out of your hands, barrel is 20" so it's easy to move around but just as accurate as a longer barrel, and it's factory threaded for a muzzle break or any other goody you want on it. It also is a bdl style so once your done for the day any bullets left over can drop out of the floor plate hatch.

i use a 700 bdl in .280 with 22 inch barrell. it is aexcellent calliber for whitetails as well as very accurate. or you could just go to walmart and buy a adl in about any calliber .243 on up. the main difference in the adl style versus the bdl is the bdl has the floor plate that flops open. so you dont have to cycle each cartridge in and out of the chamber. bdl also has the jeweled bolt. 308 wouldnt be a bad calliber to look at either. also the adl is a little cheaper in price. what ever you decide on you will be more than happy with it. i love all my 700s good luck in your decision, and happy hunting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

my hunting rifle is a 700 sps .270 and my long range fun gun is an sps tactical .308.
    I think you'll be happy with any member of the 700 family. Its just up to you how fancy or plain, ss or black barrel, wood grain or synthetic stock, and the caliber you wish to use.

Good luck and enjoy

I went to dick's sporting goods today after i got off work the only place i have in town to buy a rifle from had a Remington 700 varmint in .223 and .308 with a 3-9 scope on it for $400. Didn't know if this was a good deal or gun to buy if not then im going to have to find a site to buy a 700 from.

Thanks alot for all the info u guys have gave me. :)

that sounds cheap enuf. i would go with the 308 if i was buying it to hunt deer. you might find a varmit model to be a little heavy. usually when the large chain stores put something on sale you cant find it cheaper at a gun shop any ways. i have a friend here in town that owns a small gun shop, and he told me that he cant even buy them from his wholesaler for the dicks sale price. it sounds like a nice rig let us know what you decide. i am not sure where you live at, but our walmart sells guns. maybe you have one close to you that does. i know alot of guys starting out that bought 700 adl package guns at our walmart, and were very happy with them. just a thought. i havent bought any new ones for a while not real educated any more in all the different model 700s. all of mine are wood stocked bdls. .280 .308 and last but not least .223 and i love all of them!!!! if it is a 700 in my opinion you cant go wrong.

So i been thinking and doing alot of research and think if im going to spend the money get something good and just mod it up. i decided that i want to get the 700 sps tactical and over time put mods on it only problem is that dick's dont carry and cant order it. So if any one can tell me some good websites to buy from dick's will let me ship it to them. Also could use ideas for mods for later on in my 700s life. Thx alot for all the info and help guys.

just wondering where do you live at?

Paducah, Kentucky.

i know this is going to sound like i am a big advocate of walmart, but they have a special order program and can probaby get you what you want. i think every one has a walmart reasonably close. i think you are wise to get what you want and set it up the way you want it. that is the only way that you will be happy with it. sounds like you are on the right track. i know you will enjoy your new rifle. keep us posted and let us know when you finnaly get it. you may also have a bass pro shop or a cabelas store close enuf to make a days drive to. these may also be worth checking out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast