Remington 700 Police Scope Base - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Remington 700 Police Scope Base

I have the EGW 0 MOA base after switching from the EGW 20 MOA. The rifle (Remmy 700 AAC in .308) zeroes at 100 fine, but the view was so distorted through the scope it was almost unusable. The scope is a Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 on Burris XTR rings. I called Vortex and they recommended a 0 MOA base because my shooting was limited to 500 yards and in. Switched to the 0 MOA and all is good now. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
    Remington 700 Tactical AAC-SD .308
    Remington 700 CDL Boone & Crockett Club .30-06

For God and Country.

I didn’t have any problems with mine but I have a 6-24x50 Sightron III MOA and it has a lot of internal adjustment. I’ve got a Vortex Viper on another rifle and I’m not impressed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OLEJOE View Post
    I didn’t have any problems with mine but I have a 6-24x50 Sightron III MOA and it has a lot of internal adjustment. I’ve got a Vortex Viper on another rifle and I’m not impressed with it.
    I own a Remington 600P in 223 and some other target rifles in 22LR. Over decades I've noticed others using a lot of $ to play with scopes and mounts. My experience, shaped by a Olympic hopeful, is that solid steel rings and a good scope that is professionally lapped will work very well. From my experience if a person wants to hunt I recommend a Leupold because of the weatherproof qualities and a tad more clarity at long range. For range competition I use Weaver T24 and Weaver T36 scopes and have regularly beaten those with Anschutz and other expensive rifles with Sightron, Zeiss, Armasight, US Optics, Swarovski, Nightforce and Leupold on them using a Kimber 82G off the bench and off-hand. This year I came in second to an Olympian using an Anschutz and a Weaver T-series scope using my Kimber and T-series scope. His aggregate group size after subtracting the 223 over 9 days of competition was 0.177" and mine 0.196". Get a good scope, good rifle, and buy good ammo. He used something the Swiss National Team gave him. I used Fiocchi 320SM. Ammo is a whole book by itself....

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

i have badgers on both of mine. they're good to go. check SWFA, they're having a sale now for 11% and free shipping.

I own a Remington 600P in 223 and some other target rifles in 22LR. Over decades I've noticed others using a lot of $ to play with scopes and mounts. My experience, shaped by a Olympic hopeful, is that solid steel rings and a good scope that is professionally lapped will work very well. From my experience if a person wants to hunt I recommend a Leupold because of the weatherproof qualities and a tad more clarity at long range. For range competition I use Weaver T24 and Weaver T36 scopes and have regularly beaten those with Anschutz and other expensive rifles with Sightron, Zeiss, Armasight, US Optics, Swarovski, Nightforce and Leupold on them using a Kimber 82G off the bench and off-hand. This year I came in second to an Olympian using an Anschutz and a Weaver T-series scope using my Kimber and T-series scope. His aggregate group size after subtracting the 223 over 9 days of competition was 0.177" and mine 0.196". Get a good scope, good rifle, and buy good ammo. He used something the Swiss National Team gave him. I used Fiocchi 320SM. Ammo is a whole book by itself....
    I would definitely try something from AGM, on your place. Maybe even model Protector TM75-384, if there is no concerns about money. Check it out ( https://www.agmglobalvision.com/ther...mal-monoculars ), it's their official website, with the basic prices and detailed comparison of each model, as well as full specifications of them.
    Last edited by morrgan722; 01-14-2020 at 02:17 PM.

I have a 700P. Is that stock ammo you used at 100 (assume yards)? If so, what ammo?

I've got EGW picatinny 20moa bases on 3 of my rifles, the 4th being a 308 700p with a Nightforce 20moa picatinny steel rail. They're all great quality, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another EGW.

Nightforce does make a very nice rail, at a price point of about $120. Buy once, cry once.

My comment said "there have been" not that all 700 actions have the problem, but some do. Yes, 20 MOA makes sense and I still like the Signature Z Burris rings with inserts. A rail does solve a lot of other issues with separate bases as pointed out, as long as you can install them without problems. I have one 700 Action where I was able to get two screws in on one end of the rail and only one on the other, but three work fine as the one was just off enough that it could not be corrected by redrilling and tapping.

Bob
    Last edited by rkittine; 07-02-2020 at 07:22 AM.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

700 receiver base 8-40

scope base for rem 700 police
Click on a term to search for related topics.