Remington 700 Police Scope Base
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Remington 700 Police Scope Base

Remington 700 Police Scope Base

I bought a 700P in .308 and I'm having some trouble deciding which scope base to put on it. If anyone has recommendations I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Picatinny rail.

Quote Originally Posted by freefloat View Post
    picatinny rail.
    egw 20 moa
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the Forum. What yardage do you intend to shoot at? I like the idea of a rail AS LONG AS YOU FIND THAT THE SCREW HOLES ON THE RECEIVER LINE UP CORRECTLY. There have been 700 receivers where the screw holes are off, then a rail is an issue unless you have the misalignment corrected.

I prefer Burris Signature Z rings with the insert pack. You get a set of plastic inserts that allow you to have 0 MOA, or go up and down in MOA depending on which combination of inserts you use in which position, front or back. You can then add in 5, 10, 15 or 20 MOA (or more - my 308 Palma needs 39 MOA for 1,000 yards) and take it out when you want. Two additional advantages are that you eliminate Ring Marks in your scope and eliminate the need to do any lapping of the rings.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    ... AS LONG AS YOU FIND THAT THE SCREW HOLES ON THE RECEIVER LINE UP CORRECTLY. There have been 700 receivers where the screw holes are off, then a rail is an issue unless you have the misalignment corrected.
    Bob
    You mean some do!

My two 700's have some horizontal bias with separate front and rear mounts but for whatever reason, the EGW rail seemed to correct most of it and also did not require any bedding which is more than I can say for two others that I had.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

I found out the picatinny rail takes care of most alignment problems,seemed to have issues with shims and such on the 2 piece bases like Leupold,Burris and others.
    The DNZ game reaper,is a one piece with built in rings,but limits adjustments for eye relief.
    Doom likes this.

I plan to shoot out to 500 yards. I was thinking something like an EGW. A gunshop near my house has a really good deal on a Badger Ordnance base that I like as well but it's still expensive.

The 3 EGW ‘s I’ve purchased have worked out very well,all are 20 moa.and haven’t interfered with a 100 yard sight in.

Quote Originally Posted by Freefloat View Post
    The 3 EGW ‘s I’ve purchased have worked out very well,all are 20 moa.and haven’t interfered with a 100 yard sight in.
    Ditto on my two. Personally I would not bother considering a standard rail.
    Freefloat likes this.
    Winston Churchill

^^^^^^^+3. Never had any trouble zeroing at 100 with the 20 MOA EGW mount on my 700P. Good stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast