Remington Custom Shop - Page 3
Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Remington Custom Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Str8shot View Post
    And now she busted me!!!! saw me posting last night and asked today... "did you buy another suppressor"????uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Well yes but it was awhile ago. waiting on the tax stamp. gave me the eye role. I see having more honey do's coming now. sigh
    Lol comrade. Too funny. Well in my house I have everything disclosed and my lovely wife is in charge of our finances. Consequently she give permission to purchase items. I just have to do some favors for her ( if you know what I mean :0) ). In any event, the way I see it: happy wife, happy home. Btw I just received my chases, and she is awesome. See below.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445512442.781396.jpg
    Str8shot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AverageJo View Post
    Lol comrade. Too funny. Well in my house I have everything disclosed and my lovely wife is in charge of our finances. Consequently she give permission to purchase items. I just have to do some favors for her ( if you know what I mean :0) ). In any event, the way I see it: happy wife, happy home. Btw I just received my chases, and she is awesome. See below.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445512442.781396.jpg
    I had a friend in Alaska that had an expensive hobby. Every time his wife caught him spending money on it she just went out and bought herself a new piece of expensive jewelry.

He finally reeled in his hobby because he couldn't afford to keep his wife "happy".

My wife and I do like you and yours. Full disclosure. Pays off. One day I told my wife I planned on buying a new rifle and it'd take a few months to put the $$ together. She said, "just buy it" and when the bill came in she just wrote the check for it. Took me three tries to find a wife like that and we've been married 30 years now.
    AverageJo and Str8shot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot2 View Post
    I had a friend in Alaska that had an expensive hobby. Every time his wife caught him spending money on it she just went out and bought herself a new piece of expensive jewelry.

He finally reeled in his hobby because he couldn't afford to keep his wife "happy".

My wife and I do like you and yours. Full disclosure. Pays off. One day I told my wife I planned on buying a new rifle and it'd take a few months to put the $$ together. She said, "just buy it" and when the bill came in she just wrote the check for it. Took me three tries to find a wife like that and we've been married 30 years now.
    I am with you on that. I got lucky with my wife on my first try. Been doing like this for the past 23 years. However, what works for me may not work for others. No judging anyone. ;0)
    Over and out.
    Str8shot likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

DS that must be the problem as I'm only on Two..... Although when the new 7.62 can came in last week she barely looked twice. I think she is actually secretly looking forward to shooting the 308 build. (and she has actually been hinting at a bolt action 6.5CM or heavy bullet 223)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8shot View Post
    or heavy bullet 223)

Definitely give some thought to a "heavy bullet .223. I built one off an SPS tactical that I bought and shot for a couple years. Had it re-barreled with a 26" Benchmark, 3-groove, 1:7, in a MTU profile. Benchmark made the barrel, true the action, an chambered it with a 5.56 mm NATO Match reamer. Throated it to a dummy round I sent them using a 77 gr BTHP match bullet assembled so the beginning of the boat-tail was just above the neck/shoulder junction. I can load 69 to 90 grain bullets with just the right amount of jump to yield sub 1/4 MOA accuracy at longer ranges. It's fun to shoot groups that can be covered with a dime at 300 yards. Mounted on a B&C "A-5" stock, the recoil is very pleasant. I built this for MY wife but she's never gotten around to shooting it. I told her I'd "keep it warm for her"

Got a call from South Dakota this afternoon. Turned out to be the Remington Custom Shop division of Dakota Arms. They said pay up and I did and my new Custom Shop 40XB hopped on a UPS truck this afternoon and is on its way to me.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Does anyone know when the Custom Shop moved to SD from Ilion, NY? Curious.....

They moved two years ago.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123