Remington Custom Shop
Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Remington Custom Shop

Remington Custom Shop

The Remington Custom Shop has been relocated to Dakota Arms in South Dakota. For those that have tried to deal with the Custom Shop in recent years, while still in New York, you will be extremely happy with the level of service you now can expect from the new team. Shane Earl has been a great help to me and I am sorry to see him no longer involved.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

The old Custom Shop in New York did not send the barrel they had manufactured for my 40X to Dakota so Dakota ordered a Krieger in the same contour for me, which I much prefer anyway.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Hello, I have a questions regarding somewhat related subject as model 5-R is made in the custom shop. I am looking to purchase Remington 700 SS 5-R Mil spec in 223 caliber (factory number 5507) and I am planing to use it with suppressor. As I am looking at some pictures on line of the muzzle end, it appears as there is some step down on barrel OD without threads between the threaded muzzle and the larger OD of the barrel. In other words, it looks like there is a large barrel OD then a step down with some lengths without the threads and then the threaded end. Could someone provide some more details on the muzzle end of this Gun ie sizes of the shoulder right after the thread and the size of the barrel OD?

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AverageJo View Post
    Hello, I have a questions regarding somewhat related subject as model 5-R is made in the custom shop. I am looking to purchase Remington 700 SS 5-R Mil spec in 223 caliber (factory number 5507) and I am planing to use it with suppressor. As I am looking at some pictures on line of the muzzle end, it appears as there is some step down on barrel OD without threads between the threaded muzzle and the larger OD of the barrel. In other words, it looks like there is a large barrel OD then a step down with some lengths without the threads and then the threaded end. Could someone provide some more details on the muzzle end of this Gun ie sizes of the shoulder right after the thread and the size of the barrel OD?
    Your inquiry illustrates perfectly why I never buy a firearm I can't put my hands on and give it a good "touchy-feely" first. I can measure things like this and get the exact answer.

It's not uncommon for there to be unthreaded portions of a mounting surface that will receive a brake or suppressor. The unthreaded portion provides absolute alignment accuracy rather than relying on a small shoulder or the angles included in the threads. Just like shotgun chokes are partially threaded and the other part just a slip fit in the barrels interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot2 View Post
    It's not uncommon for there to be unthreaded portions of a mounting surface that will receive a brake or suppressor. The unthreaded portion provides absolute alignment accuracy rather than relying on a small shoulder or the angles included in the threads. Just like shotgun chokes are partially threaded and the other part just a slip fit in the barrels interior.

+1 to this... Also another reason sometimes is it gives the lath operator a easier way to cut the threads and incase the lath goes over a few thousands nothing will go bad. Its like a buffer area. But OD on the barrel should be .820. Well that is the the measurement of the barrel after the threads. The threaded area should be 1/2-28 unless they had a run of 5/8-24 thread size on some rifles.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439827506.388652.jpg
    Thank you my friends. I guess to be clear I thought to attach the drawing of what I need to be sure that I can run my suppressor. Again any help is much appreciated.

I already got the gun. Lol and it all worked out well. Thanks everyone. :0)

I already got the gun. Lol and it all worked out well. Thanks everyone. :0)
    Now get out and shoot it corked and report back!!!!

Remington Custom Shop

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441368543.820097.jpg
    Thanks str8. Here she is.

Due to the current weapons embargo in my house the chassis will not be on until the January. :0)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AverageJo; 09-04-2015 at 07:14 AM.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441368543.820097.jpg
    Thanks str8. Here she is.

Due to the current weapons embargo in my house the chassis will not be on until the January. :0)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LOL You have to find a way around the embargo!!!! I can relate to SWMBO blockade. I am about 1 month to the can coming out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast