I "Pulled The Trigger" On a New 700 ADL 30 06
Join Today

I "Pulled The Trigger" On a New 700 ADL 30 06

I "Pulled The Trigger" On a New 700 ADL 30 06, get it? I crack me up.

Any way... I now own a new 700 ADL 30 06 200th anniversary bolt action.
    This is the only Bolt Action I own at this time. I have had 2 others in the passed,
    a 270 and a 7mm08 (both Savages). I am also looking to acquire a 308 as well.
    The 30 06 was just to good a deal to pass up and it complements my M1 Garand, also a 30 06.
    Just checked the recall and the 700 is good to go. Got a Scope mount, rings and a nice Zeiss.
    I hope to learn a few things here.
    Thanks
    Mongo1958 (AKA Van)

Welcome Van and enjoy your new '06'. My first three rifles were all .30-06. A M1 Garand, a Springfield '03-A3' and a Parker Hale 1200. I no longer enjoy the recoil, but always enjoyed those rifles when I was younger. (And tougher!)

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

It could be worse, 45 70. I saw a guy at work with a black, blue and purple bruised shoulder after shooting a 45 70.
    I would like to get a 1903. it is on the bucket list. I do have a British Lee Enfield 303.
    I'm already looking for a butt pad to help out with the 20 pounds of torque.

Thanks.

Van

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Welcome Van and enjoy your new '06'. My first three rifles were all .30-06. A M1 Garand, a Springfield '03-A3' and a Parker Hale 1200. I no longer enjoy the recoil, but always enjoyed those rifles when I was younger. (And tougher!)

Bob
    Recoil means you're shooting a "Man's Gun"

My first was a 1903 and to make it even more fun the first rounds I shot were Win 220 gr Silvertips. I learned to "appreciate" recoil as a young boy.

I did learn early the importance of keeping the buttstock firmly against your shoulder before pulling the trigger.

I still drag that same rifle out of the safe for a day at the range from time to time. I then follow with a week or so of shooting my .223 Bolt Action for "recovery time"

I think it might get a muzzle brake soon as I am starting to show signs of age.

Welcome, enjoy your new rifle, post up a pic or two when you can.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting" -Col Townsend Whelen

Good job Mongo...LOL be careful though. It can become a habit buying M700's. I also bought a new 700 ( my third...lol). I know you will like it and hope to hear more about it as time go's on.

stljc2

Quote Originally Posted by stljc2 View Post
    Good job Mongo...LOL be careful though. It can become a habit buying M700's. I also bought a new 700 ( my third...lol). I know you will like it and hope to hear more about it as time go's on.

stljc2
    It's not so much the buying of the 700's that is a problem, it's what happens after that. All it takes is one Midway, Brownell's, or Stocky's catalog and you'r "down the rabbit hole" with upgrading. Easy to double the cost of the rifle in no time.

When you upgrade then you just can't do with that nice "Hunting Scope", it has to be one of the latest and greatest "Tactical Scope" that can end up costing 3-4 times the original cost of the rifle.

At that point you wonder if they list a "12 Step Program" in the phone book for "Rifle Junkies". If they do, I think I need to start attending meetings.

Yep,besides upgrading or enhancing I had to get different actions.The 30-06 is a great round, I started with a 03a3 made by Remington then came the model 721' 700 twice then a rem 7600 pump, a m1 garand, a 7400 rem.and finally a browning lever all in 30-06 and I like everyone of them.

LOL Oh how you are so right Deadshot2..Ya gotta get the best you can afford (scopes). Then there's dies, powder ect. LOL..seems like it's a kid in the candy store scenario...just gotta exercise good judgment and stop and wait till you can do more.