Walker trigger question - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Walker trigger question

From experience I learned long ago to go with steel rings. Aluminum and plastic have caused me problems over time. I've noted very few BR shooters use either material in their rifles. If I had a scope on a handgun I'd use them for weight reduction and the fact that precision is something I'm far from mastering with a pistol.

Not one person has opted for the Remington replacement out of all the replies. All responses have been for the Timney. Is that because this is mainly a precision shooting forum or do the Remington replacement triggers suck that much?

Again I have no first hand experience on the replacement triggers,what I’ve heard from 3 sources is that the replacements suck.
    Timney makes a great trigger so you know your getting a quality product,if your concerned on the Walker trigger put the Timney in it and move on with confidence.
    12727 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Freefloat View Post
    Again I have no first hand experience on the replacement triggers,what I’ve heard from 3 sources is that the replacements suck.
    Timney makes a great trigger so you know your getting a quality product,if your concerned on the Walker trigger put the Timney in it and move on with confidence.
    The general consensus with precision shooter’s is newer Remington triggers are trash. I think hunters tend to tolerate them to some extent.
    12727 likes this.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

I'm leaning towards keeping the original trigger in mine. It is plenty crisp for me and it is mostly a closet queen . I will someday do a thorough cleaning of the trigger mechanism and leave it to my kids. Is a dry lube recommended for these triggers? Sounds like the only time these triggers fail is when they have been set too light and they are dirty.

I use very little dry lube on mine,or a silicon spray and very little of that.
    Yes the Walker trigger has problems when adjusted too light,the only adjustments I’ve ever done is the trigger weight which is the lower screw on the front of the trigger housing leave the other 2 screws alone ,mine are set at 3 1/2 lbs . I was told to never set them lower than 3 1/2 lbs for safety ,if you need a lower weight put in an aftermarket trigger.
    3 1/2 lbs works very well for me on my hunting rifles,as I usually wear gloves because of cold weather anything lighter than that is a safety hazard when wearing gloves.

Thanks for that info. Mine has never been touched by me but I'm the second owner so who knows. I'm probably going to hit it with gun scrubber, then a light spray of dry lube. Who ever I leave it to will be given a warning. Mine is a 80s vintage ADL and is in new shape, I wonder what the value is? Anyone venture a guess without seeing it.
    Last edited by 12727; 11-12-2019 at 09:31 PM.

You might find this interesting if you haven’t seen it.
    http://flinthillsdiesel.com/Remington-Walker.pdf
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

Good article. Makes it sound like I should rethink my decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12