Walker trigger question
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Walker trigger question

Walker trigger question

Hello to all forum members. I'm sure this topic has been discussed a lot but I am on the fence. My 1980s vintage .270 ADL has been a closet queen for more than a decade now since I no longer deer hunt. It has a 3-9 Tasco mounted and sighted in and was a tack driver. The walker trigger settlement box has been sitting in my house for months now and I am undecided whether to send it in, partly because the scope would have to come off and partly because I am unsure how the returned rifles have turned out. Is Remington CS up to snuff and are the new triggers as nice as the Walkers? Any first hand experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have no first hand experience on this,however I refuse to send my rifle to Remington.
    I replaced all the xpro triggers with Timney triggers myself.
    I have 4 700’s with walker triggers all set to 3.5 lbs I’ve never had a problem for over 40 years with them,and I don’t plan on replacing any of them.
    I have been told the replacement triggers are crap,from 3 people,just saying.
    12727 likes this.

I opted for the self installed Timney trigger. I heard stories of Remington taking up to a year getting your rifle back to you.
    TMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12727 and DRAGON64 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

During the last Remington recall, I read of bad experiences with shooters not getting their rifles back in a timely matter. At the time I had just picked up a new 700 Ceracote Tactical in 223 cal. I picked a Timney 510 trigger and installed it myself, and could not have been happiers... and the nice thing is, the scope did not have to come off to do the work!

I replace all 700 actioned triggers with a minimum of the Timney 510, most with the Timney Calvin Elite and then some with Jewel or Bigs-N-Andy

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Freefloat View Post
    I have no first hand experience on this,however I refuse to send my rifle to Remington.
    I replaced all the xpro triggers with Timney triggers myself.
    I have 4 700’s with walker triggers all set to 3.5 lbs I’ve never had a problem for over 40 years with them,and I don’t plan on replacing any of them.
    I have been told the replacement triggers are crap,from 3 people,just saying.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to get away cheap but also don't want a crappy trigger.

Hi. I replaced my Rem 700P trigger with a Timney and since it's for BR the pull weight is set lower than yours. The install was easy. In regard to your scope if you had it lapped I understand the reluctance to take it off. If otherwise, there's no need to hesitate.

Just as an aside, if you use Burris Signature "Z" rings, they come with a set of plastic inserts that allow you to set the MOA for your scope to rifle set up, but more importantly, eliminate ring marks and the need to lap your scope rings. I use them on my long range bench rest rifles without any issue.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

I asked Remington how long the replacement procedure takes and was told 6-8 weeks. Also cut off date is April or March 2020. No, my scope is not lapped. Just a Tasco 3-9 but it has been rock solid over the years. Probably could put it back on and sight it in quickly. Basically just a little nervous sending the rifle in since I have not heard much feedback about their CS or any positive feedback on replacements triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by 12727 View Post
    I asked Remington how long the replacement procedure takes and was told 6-8 weeks. Also cut off date is April or March 2020. No, my scope is not lapped. Just a Tasco 3-9 but it has been rock solid over the years. Probably could put it back on and sight it in quickly. Basically just a little nervous sending the rifle in since I have not heard much feedback about their CS or any positive feedback on replacements triggers.
    I own quite a few Rem 700s. Did not send a single one back but did replace post Walker triggers with Timney. The new Remington stuff in my opinion is pretty much junk and I never bought off on the lawyered up Rem trigger scam.

YMMV

Geo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast