Thank you for allowing me to join this site.
Join Today
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Freefloat

Thread: Thank you for allowing me to join this site.

Thank you for allowing me to join this site.

I have recently purchased a 700 7mm magnum rifle, second hand. I was told it is 4-5 years old, but I haven't sent the serial number to Remington to verify. I was given 60-70 rounds of ammo with it. When I first fired it, it was awesome with no issues. I took it home, and the bolt jammed not allowing for extraction. There is some W W Super(?), ballistic and soft tip; also r-p(?). I'm not very familiar with this. Is it extra powder that is causing the jam? I cleaned the rifle, but did not take the bolt apart. Any help is appreciated. I also just bought 154 grain SST ammo, which I have yet to fire. Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by JohnnyD70; 02-02-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Sounds like a dirty chamber, scrub the hell out it. WW is Winchester ammo rp is Remington ammo and should function just fine.
    JohnnyD70 likes this.

Thanks bro. I did clean the hell out of it, and fixin' to go out and see what it does. I appreciate the feedback. BTW, will +p cause an issue?

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Don’t know of any +p rifle ammo, Hornaday makes superformance ammo that’s a little hotter but it won’t hurt a 700 Remington.

Are you sure that the ammo is factory and not reloads? Do you have the Cleaning Tool for the bolt lug area in the receiver?

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York