CZ buys Colt Firearms
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CZ buys Colt Firearms

Is supposed to be done deal by Feb. 1st. Will CZ move operations to St Louis ? CS owns Dan Wesson, own 2 of their1911's, they make one heck of a nice 1911, much better than a Nat'l Match Colt in my opinion.

Like Remington, this may not be the last time some of these names change hands. At this point in my life, I think I have probably bought my last new gun.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Seems to me Colt has been in a state of flux for most of my life.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

They sure are not the company they were 50 years ago.
    Robert Kittine

Colt sat on there ass for years not upgrading anything because of their contract to the the military,never thought it would end.
    Look up their history I don’t want to be political but that’s what it was.

The 60's and 70's Colt 1911's series 70 models selling very high almost exceeding Dan Wesson's pricing and touching on the well known custom 1911 manufactures these days. While series 80 and current production sought out by as it seems new gun buyers that they own a Colt.

The older 1911's, "Snake" guns (revolvers) and Single Actions will always as they have been credited with being the most notable firearms investments shall continue as they have stood the test of time.

I met the old Remington crew earlier this month for a Club clay target shoot as we offered our ideas of new and/or future trends in the firearms market. While "Lever" guns have been idle for more than a few years seems their is a revival of the first "assault" rifle that won the west.
    Last edited by mayor; 01-14-2021 at 08:20 PM.

The 1911 was credited to Colt,and they never really improved it you could buy a National Match and then spend another 500 to make it functional on ammo and accuracy,and all of a sudden Kimber came out with a 1911 that would out shoot the Colt out of the box at half the price the gun world said Kimber was nuts butt the rest is history just about everyone is making a 1911 including out of business Remington.

My Royal Blue Python is a 1978 Model and the finish on it is something to behold. I have played with one of the new Pythons and they have done nothing to reduce the value of the old ones that were each hand fitted and assembled. Same thing for my Gold Cup National Match pieces, my 1971 manfactured Series 70 is worlds better than the New Series 70s, that have been produced recently, though I have one of those in each of .45 ACP, .38 Super and 9mm.

For a shooter though (I have one 70s Python, new in the box, that has only had the factory proof loads through it) I prefer my Trooper, which is not troubled with the timing issues that heavily shot Python will experience, but my favorite .357 is my 70s. Model 27 6.5".

Bob
    Robert Kittine

As a teenager back in the late 60’s I worked in a department store that had a sporting goods section that included firearms. I wasn’t raised around handguns, other than my Dad’s 32 S&W, with half the nickel plating gone. I was fortunate enough to work in Sporting Goods and we sold both the Python and the Rugar Blackhawk. What beautiful firearms! I don’t own any revolvers but both the Python and the Blackhawk (41 mag) occupy a spot on the bucket list!
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

I have never been a big fan of Single Action revolvers, but I agree the Ruger Hawk series, are beautiful handguns, especially the earlier one. The only issue was that the real early ones had some safety issues until they converted to having a Half Cock setting.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast