Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

Lowest possible mounting for Trijicon TR232 5-20x50 Scope

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FightingIrish 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a Remington 700 SPS .308 which I would like to mate up with a Trijicon TR232 5-20x50 scope.

I would like it to be as low as possible and was hoping that someone could share their experiences, particularly the lowest dimension possible between the top of the rifle to the bottom of the scope or to the centerline of the scope.

I am struggling getting measurements since the receiver has a slope to it.

Thanks,

Allen

#2 ·
Hi,
There is a basic formula for figuring out scope ring base height. I don't want to try and explain it at the moment. Please go to Rimfire centreal .com and scroll down the list of manufactures to Savage, click and look through the top posts. I believe they are called sticky's. There is one there for scope ring height that explains thing well.

buddybeagle

#3 ·
I just mounted mine last night. I've got a Vortex 6.5-20x50 sitting atop an SPS Tactical .308. I used a Weaver 0 MOA base with Medium Burris Signature Z rings and the objective of the scope is just under 1/4" from the barrel. Using the Low rings would've been too close/touching in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.