I am brand new to this forum and picking up shooting again after about 30 years. I bought a used older 700 Varmint Special, heavy barrel, in 223. It's a bit rough on the outside but was affordable and I always wanted one, way back in the 1970's. The old tasco scope was frozen, so I was able to buy an old Unertl Vulture 10x, which is in good shape. I just put it on, lapped the new rings, etc. My local range is only up to 50 yards and I shot a few groups, best was under .5 inch for 4 shots. I know I need to get it out to a longer range. By the way the group was with Federal X193 ammo.

Ok, so now the hard part. My eyesight has always been pretty good but I need 2 power reading glasses these days. I don't seem to be able to get both target and crosshairs focused at the same time. With my reading glasses the target is clear but cross hairs fuzzy. Without reading glasses the target is clear and crosshairs fuzzy. I shot my best shots with reading glasses and both eyes open, which was a new experience for me.

I am wondering what to do to get the best focus on both target and crosshairs? Perhaps the scope can be adjusted in some way. I appreciate any help on how to best address this problem.

Thanks, Ben