Millet Scopes
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millet Scopes

Millet Scopes

Was looking at some Millet scopes online very nice features and nice price to boot, anyone have any experience with them,thanks WF.

Don't do it.

A long range partner of mine bought one. First he had turret problems. The scope would not hold zero. He sent it back...they "fixed" it (not). He sent it back again....they did fix it but the reticle was canted a mil or two when he got it back (WTF ???).

He sent it back to the on-line vendor. After several back and forths about what happened, they gave him a partial credit. He then purchased a Nightforce (like the rest of us have).

Just one story. Just one guy. I'm certain there are many positives that you will hear.

Keep in mind as you shop for glass. The old adaage applies: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Good luck.
    Last edited by snakeshooter; 07-18-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    \"Send it.\"

Millet scopes are a bit like Forest Gump's box of chocolates. You never know what your're going to get. Some are good, others not so much.

There's a good chance that for only a few dollars more you can get a similar product from a known reliable company. One who's products aren't so "hit and miss".

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Mr Snakeshooter, Mr Deadshot2
    I appreciate your straight forward reply to my question, money is kinda tight right now so i dont want to buy something i will regret later, i may just have to bite the bullet and buy a Nightforce and never look back, thanks again, WF~

Money is tight with me too, wife in NP, school, daughter in cheer, gymnastics... You know...

I bought a Redfield... Is it a 'Night Force'? No not at all... But you know, it's a good scope, they have a good warranty.

Might be worth a look, but everyone's 'money is tight' is at a different level...

Just trying to offer something...

Thanks Histoshooter for your insights, i have a few Redfields on my handguns have never had any trouble with them, going to take a look at the redfields, thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histoshooter View Post
    Money is tight with me too, wife in NP, school, daughter in cheer, gymnastics... You know...

I bought a Redfield... Is it a 'Night Force'? No not at all... But you know, it's a good scope, they have a good warranty.

Might be worth a look, but everyone's 'money is tight' is at a different level...

Just trying to offer something...

Don't overlook the Vortex Vipers. CameralandNY has some great deals on demo models. One of the best values I've found in the $300-400 range is the Weaver Grand Slam model. Not the prettiest looking things, but I currently own 4, and the glass is exceptional in all of them.

Here is a "sleeper" brand. Hawke Sidewinder 30 4-16x50. I purchased this one for my first SPS Tac in .308. It's a big, robust, bullet-proof scope with great glass, and very repeatable turrets. There are mixed reviews on this brand, but I haven't had a single issue with this one. I'd buy another if I was looking for a tactical based scope.....

Another "sleeper" is the Falcon Menace 4-14X44 Tactical. It's a 30mm tube and comes with FFP so if you range using your reticle it's not necessary to use only the calibrated zoom setting. ~$350 makes this scope a good buy and it gets favorable reviews.

Might even consider one for myself.

Thanks gentlemen for all the great info, this is what im kinda looking for, 5X20 or 6X24, 30mm tube 50 mm obj, side focus, doesnt need to be iluminated, this will be placed on a remington sendero in 300 win mag, i will be shooting from 200 yards to 1,000 yards in the high desert of New Mexico on my father in laws ranch.
    I will be using this rifle most part for predator control, coyotes and mountain lion, there about to eat him out of house and home and all the deer are gone, even the rabbits.
    He let some goobers on his land and all they did was get drunk and ride around shooting at anything that moved, so now all predators are very leary, thats why i want to be able to make some long shots.
    I grew up shooting varmints in the Texas Panhandle so making long shots is something im comfortable with and have done for years, just need enough scope to make shots and kill what ever im shooting at.
    Thanks again for all the good info, still kicking this around on what scope to buy, WF~
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 07-20-2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast