Whats everyone's favorite optics? - Page 2
Join Today

View Poll Results: Whats everyone's favorite optics?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leupold

3 21.43%
  • Trijicon

0 0%
  • Zeiss

2 14.29%
  • Nikon

1 7.14%
  • Bushnell

1 7.14%
  • Other

7 50.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Whats everyone's favorite optics?

Quote Originally Posted by TopshotSS View Post
    I was trying to get a feel for what optics are most popular. I am trying to see what brands to put on special at my stores. I have always used certain brands and it tends to skew my ordering.

First and foremost you need to decide what kind of "store" you are. Are you a "something for everyone" or are you a niche marketer selling to select shooters.

Many people will go into a store, touch and feel a lot of rifles, then buy the one that best fits their budget, period. Those people often just want "something" to put on top so they can go shooting. For that market I'd carry some Nikkon's in various prices. Enough "name" to satisfy but yet affordable.

For the rest of the customers it's all going to depend on who they are. Hunters, Competitors, or just plain "I have to have the best" types. Rather than trying to have ALL, pick what you feel is best for each level and go with it. Then just order the ones you don't have in stock, using the money you've saved in "inventory costs" to special order and get next day delivery. All that money tied up in non moving inventory costs money in interest (either lost because it's not in the bank or paid when you have to borrow).

Quote Originally Posted by RBoomK View Post
    Who is making comparisons or stating a BSA is just as good as a Nightforce? I thought the poll was for a person's favorite scope? I don't give a rat's ass what someone wants to invest in optics. I do know, however, how much I want to invest.....
    Who said anything about BSA vs. NF? is there a hidden post here that I can't see?
    Last edited by crockett007; 07-24-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Sorry, just speaking figuratively, of course. The "value" I received from this topic was seeing what everyone's favorite scope happened to be. I didn't know the purpose was to determine what brands to stock on the shelves.....

Furthermore, a person successfully harvesting an animal each season with a rifle equipped with a Walmart scope is indeed "GTG" and people making comparisons between different brands of optics should only do so with a fair, honest assessment of each in the same types of tests and conditions - just speaking literally, of course.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RBoomK View Post
    Sorry, just speaking figuratively, of course. The "value" I received from this topic was seeing what everyone's favorite scope happened to be. I didn't know the purpose was to determine what brands to stock on the shelves.....

Furthermore, a person successfully harvesting an animal each season with a rifle equipped with a Walmart scope is indeed "GTG" and people making comparisons between different brands of optics should only do so with a fair, honest assessment of each in the same types of tests and conditions - just speaking literally, of course.
    Don't disagree with this......what's good for some is a subjective assessment based on need/want/cost...etc. That's why when we get into Scope A vs. Scope B debates across the boards on the dummy net, things spiral out of control. Nuff said IMHO..this horse is definitely dead.

To say it in simple words. Tell me want you want to do with the scope and I will tell you what will fit the bill you have available.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp

wow...I do apologize for creating such a ruckus with this poll. I wasn't looking for business advice on stocking procedures. I wasn't trying to compare a Leupold Mark 8 to a Bushnell banner. I was merely wanting to see peoples likes, that was it. Nothing more, nothing less. Sorry for the confusion.
    www.topshotshootingsports.com
    www.snipersoptics.com

Remington 700 AAC-SD with B/C stock

Quote Originally Posted by TopshotSS View Post
    wow...I do apologize for creating such a ruckus with this poll. I wasn't looking for business advice on stocking procedures. I wasn't trying to compare a Leupold Mark 8 to a Bushnell banner. I was merely wanting to see peoples likes, that was it. Nothing more, nothing less. Sorry for the confusion.
    Then you should have said that from the beginning buddy!!! But really no need to apologize. I would still say it all depends on what you plan on doing and what the piggy bank is like. Reason being is some might need FFP scopes others SFP others 10 mils per turn of turret others 5 mils will work. Again its all a game of guessing if there is no answer for what its needed and how much the piggy bank will allow for a scope.

For a vendor I would say having a variety of scopes would help. After seeing which ones leave the shelves faster they are the scopes that will be your money makers
    Last edited by Winxp_Man; 07-25-2014 at 08:34 PM.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp

I have Leupolds, Nightforces and Redfields, all work well for what I use them for.
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
    - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Sightron have made my list

Schmidt and Bender PMII
    unclesarge58 and CaptRisky like this.
    Proud member of WTFDTSG Club.
    Nice Try = You Suck spelled different.
    Stercus Accidit = Sh*t Happens in Latin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast