Model 660 rings and bases
Join Today

Model 660 rings and bases

I need some help from those in the know. What scope base(s) will I need for a 660? It has two holes in the front of the receiver and one in the rear of the receiver which suggests that I will need some type of one piece base. What rings would work best (low) for this set up? My feeble little mind wants to know. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Man View Post
    I need some help from those in the know. What scope base(s) will I need for a 660? It has two holes in the front of the receiver and one in the rear of the receiver which suggests that I will need some type of one piece base. What rings would work best (low) for this set up? My feeble little mind wants to know. Thanks in advance.
    Put one of these on and then pick from the wide selection of rings available for Weaver/Picatinney rails.

Evolution Gun Works Remington 660/600 Mohawk Picatinny Rail Scope Mount 40500, 40502. Evolution Gun Works Tactical Rails.

You can also use the Leupold STD mount with the Dovetail type rings. I'll say right up front I'm no fan of this style due to the monkeying around with aligning them. This setup almost always requires lapping of the rings as well. Good Picatinney rings that are machined as a pair are a lot less hassle. You can bet by with less expensive, non matched rings and still get away from the hassle of twisting the rings for perfect alignment. The straight rail takes care of that issue.

EGW rails are among the best.

Thank you, DS2. I will check this out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Standard short action 700 one piece base will work. The true 600/660 base has the front dovetail ahead of the lug and can be had off eBay. Depends on your caliber.

600remguy, thanks for that info. This little rifle is in .243. I just ordered a base and rings that DS2 suggested but I need to order an extra one piece base so I will have a spare for a SA 308 I have. Nice to know it will also fit the 660 if need be.