Aussie Ruger 77 in .222 Remington
Join Today
    Here is my first build up, a Ruger Model 77 in .222 Remington, it is fitted with a Tasco 4-16X40 Scope with flip up lense caps, I have also added a Timney adjustable trigger, Harris bi-pod, and the action has been glass bedded and the barrel free floated and magna ported for increased accuracy.

I hand load Remington brass With 50grain Nosler ballistic tip bullets, using Lee Collet Dies, the projectile is propelled by 21.7grains of BM1 powder.

This has turned a relatively cheap rifle into a sub MOA rifle, this rifle will now produce a one hole three round group at 100 yards, and will hit a cigarette packet at 200-250 yards.

This rifle is devastating on rabbits, hares, foxes, and feral goats out to 250-300yards, and will acount for feral pigs to 150 yards in the Aussie bush.

Currently have a Remington 700 SPS Tactical on lay by for deer hunting.....

Nice rifle. My brother has a Ruger 77 in 204 Ruger. It shoots great but after shooting it I can understand why you changed triggers.

The .222 has always been one of my favorite calibers. Good looking rifle you have there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys, and yes the standard trigger leaves a lot to be desired, the Timney item was easy to install, and made a huge difference to the rifle.

Here are some 100Yard groups I have shot at my local rifle range with the current set up and loads, all groups are 3 shots, keep in mind this is a hunting rifle that mainly gets used in the field, it only goes to the range for sighting in and checking the scope settings once a year.