MUZZLE BRAKE for a remington 700 sendero sf II 300 wm? thread or clamp?
Join Today

MUZZLE BRAKE for a remington 700 sendero sf II 300 wm? thread or clamp?

Does anyone know the right size of the muzzle you need for the Sendero 300 win mag? What would you guys suggest as the best kind of muzzle for this riffle?? threaded or clamp on??

For very little money, Witt machine makes a great clamp on brake. As for your size question, you have to answer that yourself with a set of calipers. Ken Witt will require a couple of barrel measurements when you order, he machines your brake to the exact
    size of your barrel.

wittmachine.com

I can't say enough good about the Witt Machine Brake. They fit a lot nicer than many of the other clamp on's that are merely machined for a range of barrel diameters with little or no provisions for the 'taper'. When you order a Witt Brake they need exact measurements, best done with a really accurate caliper or micrometer. The fit like they were made for your barrel, oh, wait, they actually are

Price is nice too. I would suggest ordering one with the Cerracote finish. I got mine unfinished but was planning on Duracoating other stuff too so I just sprayed it too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the suggestions.. Do you guys think there's any difference between the clamps or getting it threaded??

I personally like threaded... Sendero rifles can have a bit to much tapper for clamp on brakes. Talking from experience with mine. I ended up going with a Badger FTE brake and love it! I have pics posted here if you want to see what it looks like. The other bit with clamp on is if you have paint finish it can mess up the finish in some instances. But in the end it's all up to you. Like I said I prefer thread on.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by Winxp_Man View Post
    I personally like threaded... Sendero rifles can have a bit to much tapper for clamp on brakes. Talking from experience with mine. I ended up going with a Badger FTE brake and love it! I have pics posted here if you want to see what it looks like. The other bit with clamp on is if you have paint finish it can mess up the finish in some instances. But in the end it's all up to you. Like I said I prefer thread on.
    With the Witt brakes they can even accommodate the taper of the Sendero barrel. That's why Ken wants exact measurements. Rather than having a bunch of brakes that fit a "range of taper", his are machined for the specific taper based on submitted measurements. With the three clamping screws on the bottom, properly torqued, there's no way that brake is coming off.

Threading is fine but you then have to pay the cost of threading in addition to the cost of the brake. For $100 or less you have a great brake that does a fantastic job. IF you already have a threaded barrel I would certainly go that route over the clamp on but no need too to the expense and usual delay just to have a barrel threaded if it's not.