Magpul Model 700 hunter stock
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Magpul Model 700 hunter stock

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    233

    Magpul Model 700 hunter stock

    I would love to know more about how well this works along with if there is any contact when using a bipod. Also for the price point, coming out with the mag system and ability to drop in and keep it under $400 for a whole set up is a game changer. If it is up to par with all the other magpul components I have used in the past this could become a cheaper alternative to a Mcree or AI chassis set up. I've posted this a couple places not to troll but to see if this excites anyone else or does anybody really care. Personally I like polymer and if it's done correctly It could give me a much lighter set up then an AI or Mcree chassis. Will it have slightly more recoil? Maybe but I almost always shoot corked anyway and 308 is hardly 300 or 338. Plus when the optic of choice for me plus base and rings is 49 oz., do I really need a heavy chassis? Still probably be 12lbs with full mag, chassis, scope, bipod etc.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    19
    I am digging into this as well. I have a Archangel stock right now I have taken of about 10 minutes or so after I bought it. I am looking at this for the same reasons as well as MP mages some OUTSTANDING products and will back them up.!
    V/R
    Chris

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    38
    I'm betting it's regular Magpul plastic injection molded around an aluminum chassis. I'm hoping it is something more than a Magpul-branded Accustock, but at that price point, I doubt they invested in setting up for fiberglass and it can't be aluminum with plastic skins like an AI. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one locally to inspect.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8shot View Post
    I would love to know more about how well this works along with if there is any contact when using a bipod. Also for the price point, coming out with the mag system and ability to drop in and keep it under $400 for a whole set up is a game changer. If it is up to par with all the other magpul components I have used in the past this could become a cheaper alternative to a Mcree or AI chassis set up. I've posted this a couple places not to troll but to see if this excites anyone else or does anybody really care. Personally I like polymer and if it's done correctly It could give me a much lighter set up then an AI or Mcree chassis. Will it have slightly more recoil? Maybe but I almost always shoot corked anyway and 308 is hardly 300 or 338. Plus when the optic of choice for me plus base and rings is 49 oz., do I really need a heavy chassis? Still probably be 12lbs with full mag, chassis, scope, bipod etc.

    Thoughts?
    Well, like others who have asked this sort of question, you haven't clearly defined the mission of your rifle. If you want a light hunting set up then there are equal or better options out there than overpriced Tupperware. Go to stockysstocks.com and check it out

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by crockett007 View Post
    Well, like others who have asked this sort of question, you haven't clearly defined the mission of your rifle. If you want a light hunting set up then there are equal or better options out there than overpriced Tupperware. Go to stockysstocks.com and check it out
    The POU for this build will be long range precision shooter with some flex in 100-400yard hunting, suppressed almost always.
    By your statement of "Tupperware" it appears you have a bias against polymer components. I can understand your reluctance as all you have to do is look at most polymer stocks out there and see the problems they have with torsion and flex. Most people had the same opinion of glock when they first came out and some still do. Personally I am a huge fan of all my glocks. but then I also love my FNP45, Sig's, H&K, etc.
    Being that it is magpul and I have used multiple components from them with all being fantastic, I am willing to give them a chance.
    My goal is to find a stock/chassis system that will not have flex or require bedding. At this point I am leaning towards the Mcree chassis system but am waiting to see what the magpul set up feels like and how well it works. For the price point if Magpul does not have what I require then It will be the Mcree.
    TenMileHunter likes this.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8shot View Post
    By your statement of "Tupperware" it appears you have a bias against polymer components. I can understand your reluctance as all you have to do is look at most polymer stocks out there and see the problems they have with torsion and flex. Most people had the same opinion of glock when they first came out and some still do. Personally I am a huge fan of all my glocks. but then I also love my FNP45, Sig's, H&K, etc.
    Being that it is magpul and I have used multiple components from them with all being fantastic, I am willing to give them a chance.
    My goal is to find a stock/chassis system that will not have flex or require bedding. At this point I am leaning towards the Mcree chassis system but am waiting to see what the magpul set up feels like and how well it works. For the price point if Magpul does not have what I require then It will be the Mcree.
    I think the collective bias is against something that isn't conducive to accurate shooting, such as polymer/plastic. I think the Tupperware reference is accurate for an injection molded stock; it's the same process with similar materials. Flex in a Glock's grip frame is less significant than flex in a rifle's stock. I tested some of Magpul's military products before they went into production, and some were good, some weren't. Before lining up to herald it's quality based on brand alone, I want to know more. If it's made of the same material as all of their other components, then I don't expect much beyond looks for the tacticool crowd. If it's a stable platform you need at that price point, buy a B&C Medalist, a $30 bedding kit, and spend an hour on YouTube learning how to glass bed. There are worse ways to spend an afternoon! I am doubtful that Magpul has come up with the product that performs the same as competitors' aluminum chassis for 1/5 the price. As far as a good chassis, that will certainly be reflected in a high price, I'm anxious to see the Marine Corps' new chassis from Remington.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    233
    Oh I completely agree flex has way les to do with a pistol. I'm just saying that I'm interested and because it's Magpul I am willing to look at it. BTW on stoky with bottom metal the B&C is $860 before tax and shipping.
    AverageJo likes this.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    38
    I see you found my other post on the B&C at Red Hawk Rifles. Stocky's is always mentioned, and I always check their site, but find their prices higher. I just hope I can see a 700 Hunter stock in person before I have to order one to find out if it's worthwhile. I've already been asked if I'm going to offer it as an option on my rifles.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Deadshot2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by 700Plumber View Post
    I see you found my other post on the B&C at Red Hawk Rifles. Stocky's is always mentioned, and I always check their site, but find their prices higher. I just hope I can see a 700 Hunter stock in person before I have to order one to find out if it's worthwhile. I've already been asked if I'm going to offer it as an option on my rifles.
    One thing nice about Stocky's is that almost ALWAYS they have what you want in stock and it often leaves their facility the same day as you order. When I'm in a hurry I don't mind paying a little extra as long as it's just a "little".

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    39
    I love the hell out of mine, no flex and PLENTY of room on my AAC-SD and bipod. Magazine drops out and loads easily.
    I was able to add a QD mount and a rail for a monopod along the side and base of one of the LOP extensions with leftover magpul stuff and a dremel, fwiw, worked out well for me.
    Last edited by Shazz; 03-11-2016 at 12:31 AM.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. load work up
    By pikeman in forum Range Reports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-22-2015, 11:16 AM
  2. Magpul Hunter 700 Stock
    By gdvan01 in forum Tactical Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 05:45 PM
  3. Magpul ACS-L Mil-Spec Stock
    By sw1911 in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 06:58 PM
  4. Model 700 adl stock
    By Hank21 in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 12:32 AM
  5. Model 700 XCR Mag Stock
    By jgbishop in forum General Model 700's
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 08:18 AM

Search tags for this page

archangel remington 700 vs magpul remington 700
,

does magpul hunter 700 stock have qd mount

,

glass bed magpul hunter

,

glass bedding magpul hunter 700

,

magpul 700 hunter stock

,

magpul hunter 700 adl

,

magpul hunter 700 glass bed

,

magpul hunter 700 stock

,

magpul hunter 700 vs archangel

,

magpul model 700 stock

,

promag archangel vs magpul

,

remington 700 stocks magpul hunter or archangel

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •