Remington 870's the new Gold
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Remington 870's the new Gold

Remington 870's the new Gold

I've been watching 870's sell for their highest $$$$ ever due to all the panic buying. Riot models fetching 3x their MSRP and barrels on Ebay breaking same records.

I hope the new owner of Remington firearms gets them up & running in 2021?

It will be interesting to see what happens to prices in 2021. I just way over paid for a S&W Model 60-1, but it is a rare one and one of only 660 produced and most importantly I wanted it. Although I like the Model 870 it is not the only good pump shotgun out there.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

RGK
    Not really a trap shooter, but when I do shoot a round or two, I use an older 870TC.
    Bob

appleseed likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RGK View Post
    Not really a trap shooter, but when I do shoot a round or two, I use an older 870TC.
    Bob

A Chrome Lifter TC 870 is the serial # an "S" letter prefix or letter "T" ? Just Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens to prices in 2021. I just way over paid for a S&W Model 60-1, but it is a rare one and one of only 660 produced and most importantly I wanted it. Although I like the Model 870 it is not the only good pump shotgun out there.

Bob
    What other good pump ? You talking about Model 12's ???

RGK
    Quote Originally Posted by mayor View Post
    A Chrome Lifter TC 870 is the serial # an "S" letter prefix or letter "T" ? Just Beautiful
    Thanks! S prefix; 1969 manufacture.
    Bob

Model 37s, BPS Brownings and Certainly a model 12, but that will be pricey. Older High Standards and older Mossbergs
    Robert Kittine

Bob,

What about a F grade Remington 32 over an 870; I remind a Remington retiree, the worst decision Remington ever made was selling the rights to Remington 32.

https://www.trapshooters.com/threads...nfired.894272/

Once you start talking about Over and Under's, you are not comparing apples to apples. I would go with a Model 3200 over a model 32 as long as all the Recall Items had been taken care of. "F" Grade certainly would put it out of comparison to a model 870.

With regard to not selling the rights, Remington did not sell them as exclusive rights and continued to produce the 3200 while Kreighoff started making their version of the 32 as the K-32 and them upgrading it to the K-80. I doubt that Remington would ever have elevated the model 32 or 3200 to the level of the K guns. For years I shot registered Skeet with a 3200 4 barrel set, then moved to a San Remo Grade K-32 and now shoot a K-80 Pro Skeet.

Bob
    Last edited by rkittine; 11-23-2020 at 07:40 AM.
    Robert Kittine

RGK
    Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Once you start talking about Over and Under's, you are not comparing apples to apples. I would go with a Model 3200 over a model 32 as long as all the Recall Items had been taken care of. "F" Grade certainly would put it out of comparison to a model 870.

With regard to not selling the rights, Remington did not sell them as exclusive rights and continued to produce the 3200 while Kreighoff started making their version of the 32 as the K-32 and them upgrading it to the K-80. I doubt that Remington would ever have elevated the model 32 or 3200 to the level of the K guns. For years I shot registered Skeet with a 3200 4 barrel set, then moved to a San Remo Grade K-32 and now shoot a K-80 Pro Skeet.

Bob
    You definitely shoot some nice guns, Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast