What stock are you using?
Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What stock are you using?

What stock are you using?

I am going to get a new stock for my new sps varmint in 308. Before i make my decision, i would like to know what people are using and what they like/dislike about it. Thanks

Slonghi;

At the present time i AM useing a model 2098-02, bell and Carlison tactical medalist styie 5 fully adjustable on a Rem 700 bdl long action 300win mag with a 30 inch tube.... But, there are some things on the stock that I don't like.. The stock that I am going to put on it is Model 700 BDL, long action, SCP sniper, model 22-01-20, made by CHOTE Machine and Tool..
    www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/22-01-20

Take a look and you will see what I am talking about at almost the same price??

Dallas
    Last edited by knapper; 10-28-2014 at 12:14 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

I currently use B&C for my stocks. Last rifles I built all have the B&C 2094-22 "A-5" on them. Makes it easy for me to transition from one to the other as the only real change in rifles is the size of the cartridge and hole in the end of the barrel. All the stock adjustments are the same so I get to use the same position for all rifles.

I looked at the Choate Stocks but the ones I've seen just don't have the same look of quality that the B&C's or McMillans do. I don't care for "Mold Marks" that make a stock look like it was "poured into a 2-Piece Mold and allowed to cure". Yes, they have a high tech look and all but for the same money I prefer the better appearing quality of the B&C. For me it's all about where the bullet goes rather than how "Techno" the stock looks.

Knapper

Thanks for the input. May I ask what you didn't like about the B&C? Their model #2094 was on my short list of stocks I was considering.

Deadshot

Do you have any complaints about your B&C?

Mcree folding (don't fold it)
    Replaced stock Hogue. Which was okay but the Mcree in whole other level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Str8shot likes this.

Im running 2 Rem 700's with AI acis non folding stocks.
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Quote Originally Posted by wscottstewart View Post
    Mcree folding (don't fold it)
    Replaced stock Hogue. Which was okay but the Mcree in whole other level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I now have three McRee chassis systems and they are plain and simple fun to shoot a rig in.
    Str8shot likes this.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by slonghi View Post
    Deadshot

Do you have any complaints about your B&C?
    I really had to think on this question. If I had to pick a thing I didn't like it would be the fact that the recoil pad is just a little larger than the plate it mounts to. This leaves a little overhang on the edges. You have to look hard to see this but I would have preferred that it match more closely. Picky, Picky.

Other than that, there is not a darn thing I dislike or have complaints on. Once LOP, Cant, and Comb height are adjusted it "just shoots".

One note, be prepared for some minor fitting work if you buy one. Bottom metal dimensions vary a little from rifle to rifle and you may have to do a little "dremel work" to make it fit exactly. Also, a washer may be needed under bottom metal at the action screws to make it fit flush with the stock. All extremely minor details due to the rifle manufacturer using different parts suppliers from time to time on their bottom metal.

I have a bell and Carlson stock fully bedded from end of action to front of the stock!! It's on a 300 Win mag black with white splashes extremely well made no misalignment to anything perfect!! I also have a H. S. Percission! Styrofoam fiberglass and dupont kevlar if you ask me they are equal except Remington wants 900 dollars for the h. S. Percission
    They both have allunimun pillar blocks inline allunimun bars for rigidity pacmar shoulder cushions and when I get the bottom metal and mags h. S is 500 for trigger guard and 200each mag things are not cheap!! I'd buy bell and Carlson again next time!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast