Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

Horus reticle?

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Deadshot2 
#1 ·
I am currently in the search for a scope with a Horus Reticle. I really do like it and the philosophy of its use. So far I haven't been able to find very many that are outright offered online. So my questions are:

1) What are some of the higher end scopes that offer it standard.

2) How do I find out if I can get the Horus reticle put on a scope.

3) Could I purchase a scope and send it to Horus to have a reticle installed (I am assuming already this is the most expensive route.)

I am looking at Schmidt and benders, Leupolds, and Zeiss. Just for starters. I have also looked at the scopes Horus Vision offers and I am not crazy about the reviews I have been ready. (Then again, when someone gets a random lemon the whole company suddenly becomes bad. :/ )

#5 ·
Reticles are a matter of choice. There's a lot to like about a Horus Vision reticle --------If you need one.

Otherwise they're way too busy for most shooting. I'd rather have a simple reticle with MOA, Mil-Dot, Mil-Rad graduations and a good "Dope Card" than have an obscured field of view.

That's just me but do take into consideration how much of your field of view you want to clutter up with "tools". Unfortunately, in some backgrounds all the extra markings just disappear anyway.

If you feel you "need" it, and like it, then by all means get a scope with one installed. Just give it some serious thought first.

#6 ·
One cool feature about the Horus reticles is that if you can spot your hit then you see how much you need to adjust. But like you said DS sometimes it can clutter the view. I personally go to local shops in hope that they have something close to a reticle I have not looked through, and want to see how it is before buying.

#7 ·
One cool feature about the Horus reticles is that if you can spot your hit then you see how much you need to adjust.
You can do the same thing by just getting firm hold on your POA and adjust turrets until the cross-hairs are on your actual hit.

That's why I like using my Accushot Monopod. Between the bipod and the Accushot, nothing moves except the reticle as you adjust it.

I'm known as "inspector gadget" at our club because I seem to buy just about every one I see for reloading, etc, but when it comes to scopes, why pay all that money for great glass, expecting a great field of view, only to fill it up with a bunch of "hash (marks)".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.