Suitable 700SA replacement? - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Suitable 700SA replacement?

You can buy a custom action for under $1,000 and one at the top of the range, with a high end trigger, mounted and timed for well under $2,000. No need to spend $3,000 or $10,000 for a custom rifle, though I would agree that IF the new owners in fact continue making 700s with the same quality, then with less than $1,200 (Stock work and new trigger all in) will get you a good shooting rifle. Just depends on what you think is good shooting. Yes under 1 MOA, but for 1,000 yard shooting you will need a lot better than that. My 700s all will hold .5 MOA after the actions were bedded, the triggers were replaced and the barrels were floated.

Unfortunately the barrel making machines were sent to Dakota Arms. Will have to see what they then do with the equipment as the Remington Custom Shop stopped using Remington Barrels two years ago and went with custom barrels from a few barrel makers. My last two Custom Shop 40Xs both have Krieger Barrels and Jewel triggers, direct from the shop.

Bob
    Last edited by rkittine; 12-02-2020 at 08:29 AM.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

A Bergara 14 Hunter is $750.on sale.

As for Roundhill and Remington its been radio silence since 10/23 when the supposed top guy spoke with Mark Keefe.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...e-on-remington

It’s interesting that they did not make a public announcement of the purchase. It is also interesting that Remington Outdoor laid off about 600 workers in late October without Severance pay which was part of their labor agreement. Ken D’Arcy was CEO of Rem Outdoor when that was done and he is supposedly the CEO of Remington Arms. I’m sure the NLRB is looking into the Layoff and I’m sure those workers are really looking forward to working for the guy who screwed them.

Supposedly the new web site will be remarms.com which was registered on October 6, but is not an active site as of today.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

I am not holding my breath for a good outcome, but hope that I am wrong.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    I ...but hope that I am wrong.

Bob
    Amen.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

Thanks, Bob! Borden moves to the front of the line.

Jim can build you a great rifle too. My Borden in 6.5x47 Lapua will hold 10 round groups under 3.5 inches at 1,000 yards if I do my job.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

remington 700 drawing

Click on a term to search for related topics.