Remington 700 vs 783 action
Join Today

Remington 700 vs 783 action

Good Day,

I am Looking at a Remington .308 but need to decide what action will be the best. I Like the 783 action due to its added rigidity by design, Can anyone assist with personal experience?

This Rifle will be used ultimately for sprot/competition shootig and especially long range and will also at a later stage need to be re-barreled due to the frequency that it will be used.

Any feedback or experience regarding the Remington 783 .308Cal 1:10 twist 22" barrel rifle?

Welcome to the forum Ben. What kind of Long Range / Sport Shooting are you talking about ? Bench Rest, F Class, Palma etc. I would stick with a short 700 action for a .308.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

If you are going to be shooting LR competitions I would definitely go with the 700. It is what most custom actions are patterned after. Tons more support with aftermarket triggers, stocks and replacement parts. The 783 is a great action and capable of very good accuracy but it doesn’t have the aftermarket of the 700. Probably no other action available has as much support as a 700.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Ben BBGE: Listen to these guys. They know.

Search tags for this page

remington 783 review

Click on a term to search for related topics.