New Mini-700
Join Today

Thread: New Mini-700

New Mini-700

Well, not really though a similar design used as a basis for a number of bench rest rifles. This is an XP-100 in the original .221 Fireball. Just picked up this beauty. As new condition with a Burris 4-12 Pistol Scope and Rings, the Nylon Stock and this laminated one as well as the large Original Beige Remington Gun Rug that they came with. This is the 4th one that I have owned and I will soon being working up loads and getting ready for a journey to my friends farm to help his Wood Chuck Control Program. This will be my 100-250 yard choice with the Model 41 S&W for 99 yards or less, the Remington 700 Varminter in .22-250 for 250 to 499 and my Remington 40 X Custom Shop in 6mm BR Norma for 500 and further. (it will hold under 6" to 1,000 yards) Just need to add the BiPod now. It came with 60 pieces of Remington Brass and some old RCBS dies as well as 18 factory rounds, but I have ordered a Set Of Redding Competition Micrometer dies, 100 pieces of Lapua Brass, 100 Berger 50 grain HP Varmit projectives ( I have plenty of other 40-55 grain .224 projectiles to try) and a Wilson trimmer holder. I will sight it in at my home range at 200 yards and expect to get groups under 2" with very little need for hold over or under at the yardages it will be used at.

Bob

BobXP-100-I.jpg
    Last edited by rkittine; 03-04-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Xp-100 very cool piece,have tried to talk my neighbor out of his butt he won’t budge.

There are plenty of them around in .221 and .223. Some in 7mm BR, some in 7mm-08 and a few in .35 Remington. Just have to watch for them. If you get one in .221 I have a set of standard RCBS dies that I would sell cheap.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York