Message from new Remington Ammo (Vista) President
Join Today
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mayor

Thread: Message from new Remington Ammo (Vista) President

Message from new Remington Ammo (Vista) President

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgv...ature=youtu.be

Their making it, but their has to be a problem in the "pipe line" for those local gun shops that are not nor can afford to purchase enough quality to buy like the major Retail/On-Line sales that buy direct. Those of us in rural areas with the mom & pop shops are dying while I have heard some shops are open only 1/2 days due to no inventory. Walmart purchased more ammo than any of the other outlets like 20% of U.S. production so how does that figure in the equation now they out of the market place.

I spoke to local shop owner, a distributor called him, have a pallet of ammo, this is what's on it, he replied I'll take it all, Distributor stated, No dating, $300,000 has to be wired for purchase. Shop owner had the funds, ammo sold quickly. Their is something that doesn't pass the smell test for as long as some of us have been in this sport.

We have seen the gouging on GB, I've seen Winchester primers in the brand new packaging so primers are being shipped. Dealers/sellers gouging it on GB for 300+% profit with plenty of bidders. What's so sad this shortage is not suppose to end until the end of 2021.

After the 2016 election before Christmas, ammo showed up over night then by Mid January back to normal so what shelve have you been sitting on for the last 8 years. I get it, demand is high, will remain high, their has to be a "off ramp" on the road that has a "Detour" sign? Texas Attorney finally going after Cheaper than Dirt". They raise prices on a flat of .223 from $300 to $900 over night. They have done this before but this time they are not getting away with it.
    Last edited by mayor; 12-20-2020 at 04:56 PM.

I am glad that I have enough factory ammo and reloading supplies to cover all my calibers for at least 3 years or normal shooting and during this pandemic, my round count has significantly declined. I think a lot of what I have will end up in my will.

I remember taking in Seasonal Stocking Orders during the summer with dating terms throughout the hunting season. Those days are long gone. Used to order a pallet of ammo and get a few Winchester, or other brand steel gun or ammo cabinet. Had a bunch of them in my shop.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Illion,New York News on Remington Plant rehiring former employees. Roundhill Group plans reopening 2/15/21 (?)

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/20...573442681.html
    Normana likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Interesting stuff. That would be less than 1/3 or the work force that was there when they shut down, so it will be interesting to see just what the come back out with. If it was me, I would start up production again on the 700 / 1100 and 870 and see how it goes. It is unfortunate that the workers will be losing out, rehired or not.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

The new auto shotgun, V3 has been selling very well with positive reviews from the field after tough hunting seasons. I've shot the V3, soft shooter, the twin gas pistons under the barrel an engineering marvel plus don't need to clean them for 2000 rounds. A budding in Easton that misses very few days waterfowl hunting uses the V3 and has never failed him. His V3 is a waterfowl gun meat gun, he treats it as such and it looks the part too that speaks volumes for the V3.

Due to the Remington financial issues leading to the bankruptcy this year if they had the capital and were able produce a V3 police/riot model would have sold all production with the 870.

The long term problem with Dupont Remington as well as following owners sooooooo slow reacting to market changes. Bill Ruger held a tight lease on Sturm Ruger and after his death well that has changed and so has their offerings. Ruger will do well with Marlin ................

I have three dozen shotguns, so not in the market for any new ones, but it will be interesting to see what they put back in production, if there is any cost cutting effecting quality etc. Since I grew up in the days of cut checkering and hand fitting, I am a little biased toward the old stand-bys. Not being a hunter my priorities are different than a lot of other gun owners.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

The V3 Sport an excellent (entry) semi auto for sporting clays/five stand sports. Even @ my club, younger shooters with a limited budget speak very favorable of the V3.

One of the my Remington guys sent me the link, as far Remington Firearms, as WKTV article stated Remington waiting on its FFL, their is firearms in the plant that can be assembled and distributed but not until the manufactures FFL is issued by ATF.

When Remington purchased Marlin, most of the Marlin employees decided not become Cebrus employees and went to work for Ruger in New Hampshire. What's now so ironic Ruger will land all of Marlin's new CNC machinery either in New Hampshire or North Carolina Rugers .22 facility.

What's interesting, Remington's barrel making machinery is so enormous and runs on hydraulic systems under that building that can never be moved. While new CNC machinery has been added over the years the plant still depends on much of the original equipment.

It should be noted, Vista sold Savage 4 years ago, their is a "Non Compete Clause" engaging in the firearms production industry which ends in 6 months. While Vista paid 80 million for the ammo division couldn't purchase Remington Firearms anyway. The firearm division sold the cheapest as bankruptcy Judge allowed all divisions broken up as we all know so was Remington firearms under valued, time will tell.
    Last edited by mayor; 12-22-2020 at 06:37 PM.

I hope this is not a sign that 2021 ammo availability going to become worse before it gets better but a large distributor that serves eastern Mid-West, Mid Atlantic and North East warehouse was empty except for 20 flats of 20 ga shot shells. We had a Steel (pistol) Shoot this morning, just the RO and myself, guys don't have ammo and some won't pay the high prices.

I am glad I have enough of everything I shoot to last me three years of normal shooting, much more with the slow down due to COVID.

Bob
    Robert Kittine