Bummer... but all seem well now...
Join Today
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Doom

Thread: Bummer... but all seem well now...

Exclamation Bummer... but all seem well now...

I don't know if the rest of you have been having issues with login but I haven't been able to login since the 18th. The image verification system did not work when they forced a password reset. I am going to guess from the few post that I have seen lately that I am not the only one.

Thanks admins for resolving the issue. I am new to the forum but have kind of grown fond of the forum. If you have had issues try logging in now. I think it's working now!

Seems like the mega-corps that own a lot of these places got hacked. Two other that I belong to all required new p-words. Don't know if that's the case for this forum, but my logon expired awful quick it seemed.
    NRA Life; NAHC Life; Ret USN
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory......... lasts forever.

It appears that three of us have cracked the code. Hope more do.

It would appear that whoever did the work to help lock out the spammers just made changes and didn't bother to see if he/she had created bigger problems.

With the "consolidation" of site ownership the number of "Webmasters" no doubt has decreased and each one has more sites to watch over. Too bad there isn't a means of contacting them OUTSIDE of the password protected areas. Don't know how they found out about the error but I did leave a message for the webmaster on one of the "Other" sites that are part of this group. Never received a response though.

Oh well. Perhaps a sign of the times ahead?

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

It was a software issue with password reset. I finally got a message to Verticalscope yesterday and they jumped on it.

Yep, same with me. I couldn't get on for a few days.
    Remington 700 7mm rem mag
    Bell & Carlson stock/ bedded
    Benchmark 26" heavy barell/ black cerakote
    Timney Calvin Elite
    Nightforce nxs 5.5-22x56

I noticed on the 19 that I could not login or even report and issue because of the broken image verification system. A couple days I got the wild ideal to email Vbulletin and tell them there was an issue with a forum running there software. A few days later I got an email from a Mr Siddon telling me that my adware blocker was the issue. I responded with "Nope, I've tried 7 different devices on 3 different ISP, it's your issue". I did not here back. The day before yesterday I emailed a not so nice letter asking them if they were aware that they killed an awesome forum. I requested that they fix it or sell it to someone that cared enough to fix it.

Maybe between my b*tching and that of others they decided to actually look at the site. I am just glad to see it's back. I had kind of gave up hope. I seen only 2 new post in the last 2 weeks and I could not figure out how they managed to do it.

When I notice it was back I created this thread to let those that keep an eye on the forum that it was back working. Hopefully others will see the activity and jump back on.

I'd bump some of your earlier threads everyone. That might help get some activity.
    Last edited by 1911ly; 07-04-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Never got notification as I did from other forums running the same v bulletin. Figured thatvwas the case, but the image verification was FUBAR. Finally tried again this AM and got through. Lousy (read that as zero) comms on the part of the staff on this forum, but it worked out in the end. Also reached out to Deadshot on another forum and found out I was not the only one with problems.

I too had sent e-mails earlier but yesterday sent a screenshot showing the missing verification box. Guess between the shot showing it missing and having to verify the e-mail to tech support someone figured it out. Finally we're back!
    1911ly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911ly View Post
    I noticed on the 19 that I could not login or even report and issue because of the broken image verification system. A couple days I got the wild ideal to email Vbulletin and tell them there was an issue with a forum running there software. A few days later I got an email from a Mr Siddon telling me that my adware blocker was the issue. I responded with "Nope, I've tried 7 different devices on 3 different ISP, it's your issue". I did not here back. The day before yesterday I emailed a not so nice letter asking them if they were aware that they killed an awesome forum. I requested that they fix it or sell it to someone that cared enough to fix it.

Maybe between my b*tching and that of others they decided to actually look at the site. I am just glad to see it's back. I had kind of gave up hope. I seen only 2 new post in the last 2 weeks and I could not figure out how they managed to do it.

When I notice it was back I created this thread to let those that keep an eye on the forum that it was back working. Hopefully others will see the activity and jump back on.

I'd bump some of your earlier threads everyone. That might help get some activity.
    I met an IT support guy once that admitted the problem was their's. But then that too may have been "my problem" for believing him.

It was so bad at the company I retired from I became my own IT support person. I had a one-man department that represented over $7 million per year in sales and when my computer didn't work, neither could I. The IT Department was instructed "from on high" to give me necessary access so I could get back up and running without having to wait for one of them. Almost always the issues came when someone in the IT Department "Made Improvements" to the system. Go figure