Plastic boxes that bullets come in..............
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Plastic boxes that bullets come in..............

Plastic boxes that bullets come in..............

I shoot mostly Sierra bullets. My collection of empty little green plastic boxes is starting to grow. Maybe it's just my OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) that keeps me from just pitching these little gems, but I've been holding on to them thinking I will find a use for them. Does anybody have a good use for these boxes? If I don't get a good answer, I'm going to add them to my weekly garbage collection and out they go.

Let me know how/if you use them.

Thanks.......................
    \"Send it.\"

I use mine to hold hardware. They are great for that.
    Scorpion8 likes this.
    I hate political correctness

I use my empty bullet boxes to hold lots of bullets from full boxes, i.e. when I sort bullets I take the groupings and put them in the old boxes from the same type, mfg. etc. bullets, so there now are boxes with maybe only 20 bullets in rather than 100. When I have too many excess, I also label them and use them for small parts.

Bob
    Scorpion8 and 1911ly like this.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

I use mine for parts or "kit's" that came originally in a plastic bag like my Stuck Case Removal Kit. Not getting as many of these boxes anymore as I now buy in boxes of 500 - 1,000 and they're always cardboard.

I use them to carry extra staples for the staple gun. Also small parts for the press, collets for the case trimmer etc.
    Proud member of WTFDTSG Club.
    Nice Try = You Suck spelled different.
    Stercus Accidit = Sh*t Happens in Latin.

I use mine for gun-specific parts, such as when you upgrade parts on a 10/22, then the old parts go into the box which is Sharpie'd with the source information. Then if I sell the gun, that box goes with it to the new owner. I also have several in my autos to hold small things like spare batteries for the headlamp in case I'm changing a tire at night, or such.
    1911ly likes this.
    NRA Life; NAHC Life; Ret USN
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory......... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
    I use mine for gun-specific parts, such as when you upgrade parts on a 10/22, then the old parts go into the box which is Sharpie'd with the source information. Then if I sell the gun, that box goes with it to the new owner. I also have several in my autos to hold small things like[b] spare batteries for the headlamp in case I'm changing a tire at night]/b], or such.
    If I have a flat tire, day or night, I'm just calling the tow truck and will let the driver change it for me. With all the money I pay for auto insurance (including road service), no flipping way I'm changing a tire, especially at night.

I always keep mine very handy for sorting nuts bolts etc into in the garage and keeping the place tidy.
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot2 View Post
    If I have a flat tire, day or night, I'm just calling the tow truck and will let the driver change it for me. With all the money I pay for auto insurance (including road service), no flipping way I'm changing a tire, especially at night.
    'Tis the difference between living down south in civilization, and living in paradise here in the bush with no need for "civilization".
    NRA Life; NAHC Life; Ret USN
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory......... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
    'Tis the difference between living down south in civilization, and living in paradise here in the bush with no need for "civilization".
    Hey, I've traveled and worked in that part of the world. I know what you mean. My Son lives up North in central AK. He carries a couple of spares in the back of his truck, along with enough survival gear to be stranded for a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast