3 position safety conversion? - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 3 position safety conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
    I appreciate the firing pin block, but not the bolt handle lock. Familiarity with your rifle, your safety process (internally, in the head) and your surroundings is a much better safety than anything mechanical. If you've never had an issue, then why have your rifle modified? I liken this to the fellow that hunts all his life with Caliber "A-Plain" and decides to book a trophy hunt, and the clerk tells him "Are you going to trust the hunt of a lifetime to Caliber A-Plan? You need Caliber B-SuperWhizBangSmasherExploder". Now there's doubt in the guys head, but really it's just a trick to sell more rifles. How can your modification be safer if you have a 100% safety record already?

I like the one where the "clerk" convinces the hunter he needs a different rifle for each type of game he hunts. Funny, I've found my '06 works on everything from coyote's to Elk. Never have shot a Moose but I have it by reliable sources it works great on them as well as bear. I have a bunch of ammo for my old '06 loaded with bullets from 130gr to 220 gr.

I think some people buy those "Trophy Specials" just so they have something to show off at hunting camp (where they only drink and play cards).
    Freefloat likes this.

I approve, as my first and favorite rifle is a .30-06. Ever read this one, where the guy takes every game species with the same rifle? https://www.amazon.com/One-Man-Rifle.../dp/1571571698

Yea, I have other rifle, and am very fond of my 7x57's, but that's because I have too much time on my hands and new rifles are just like a crow collecting "sparklies"....
    NRA Life; NAHC Life; Ret USN
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory......... lasts forever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12