Black Friday deals
Join Today

Black Friday deals

I am going to buy a new scope for my 700. I am open to Nightforce, bushnell, vortex and others. I have a 10% off from optics planet right now. Should I wait for Black Friday? I am not sure what kind of deals there have been on scopes during Black Friday in the past.

I think you should look trough all the scopes you mentioned at your lgs,then decide which is best for you.I've bought scopes threw the Internet and have had buyers remorse because it just wasn't right for me.I'm the touchy feely guy and like to have it in hand to know what I'm getting.If you find one you like at your lgs see if they will match the Internet price sometimes it works. Just my opinion.

Don't forget Nikon. I find Nikon glass to be the equal of anything out there. Quite a few of my rifles wear Nikon glass. Also just picked up a used Burris Timberline, and it seems to be a very good scope. The Burris Full Field II is an excellent value in optics.
    NRA Life; NAHC Life; Ret USN
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory......... lasts forever.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Yes I agree on the full field ii for the money the 4.5x14-42 is a killer scope I do not like the full field ii e1 scopes they don't seem to be as bright as the regular full field ii.

Quote Originally Posted by Freefloat View Post
    I think you should look trough all the scopes you mentioned at your lgs,then decide which is best for you.I've bought scopes threw the Internet and have had buyers remorse because it just wasn't right for me.I'm the touchy feely guy and like to have it in hand to know what I'm getting.If you find one you like at your lgs see if they will match the Internet price sometimes it works. Just my opinion.
    Unfortunately here on Long Island an LGS is not an option.

I was trying to guage if guns scopes in general are typically discounted on Black Friday. If they are not typically discounted more than 10% I will just buy it now with the 10% discount on optics planet

Troy,

What is you main purpose? Hunting or killing paper and at what range (yardage)?

There are a number of large gun retailers on Long Island. You will pay sales tax on a local purchase, which on an expensive scope will be a lot more than the shipping. Optics planet is one of the only places that I have been able to use discount coupons on Night Force. They seem to control the discounting a lot like the old "Fair Trade" pricing on some items of days gone by. I doubt if you will find a Black Friday deal on a Nightforce. You might on a Vortex or a Sightron. I have gotten some great deals on Cabela close outs, but since they have a New York Store, you will pay sales tax even if it comes from one of their west coast stores. Same with Gander Mountain. Not so with MidwayUSA or Optics Planet, and you will get free shipping from Optics planet and then if you write a review you will get a 7% coupon for a future purchase and when your order arrives it will have another 10% off coupon.

Benson's Gun Shop in Corum has a good selection as does Coliseum Gun Traders in Union Dale. There is Camp Ground in Huntington (prices are not great), Edwards in Riverhead (also expensive) Dark Storm in Oakdale., South Shore Sportsman in Merric, American Outdoor Sports, Long Island Shooting Center, Jerry's Firearms, T&T Gunnery, Suffolk Shooting Corp, Long Island TopShots and a few more I could rattle off. Though they do not have as good a selection, there are 3 Dick's Sporting Goods on Long Island and a few in New Jersey and one in Orange County. David Sports in Sloatsburg has been around for decades and there are a few more in that area.

A drive to Orange County will get you to a Gander Mountain and Bob White at The Shooters Corner in Lake Hopatcong always have a great selection of Sightron (he is a distributor for them) and Nightforce as well as used scopes.

I have rifles with Vortex, Sightron, Night Force and a few others on and would be happy to meet up and shoot with you and let you see through some of them.

I am biased toward Night Force and primarily purchase them.

You will find that Benchrest Shooters tend to try about every scope there is and routinely buy and sell, upgrade etc. You will find a lot of great HARDLY used buys on www.AccurateShooter.com in the Optics Classified section. I have purchased Night Force and Sightron III scopes on that site, New In Unopened Boxes for less than the cost of getting one at Optics Planet including the use of a discount coupon.

What you also may not realize is that some of the really large camera stores are also Scope Dealers and have large inventories with great Prices. Three come to mind in New York. B&H Photo on 34st Street in Manhattan. They ship from a new Jersey Warehouse so you can play the tax game if you order it for delivery rather than pick it up at the 34th Street Manhattan Store, Adorama off 6th Avenue at 18th Street in Manhattan and there is one on Long Island. Sign into www.BurntPowder.com and you will see them as a site contributor. You can also register on their (the camera store) sight for their monthly drawing for scopes, range finders and binoculars.

http://www.burntpowder.com/forum/vie...?f=9&t=1108ere in Old Bethpage, New York (Long Island)

Bob
    Last edited by rkittine; 11-13-2016 at 07:13 AM.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

I would try to handle them as well. You have a little time before black Friday and cyber Monday. It's all about what your looking to spend. I would also look into Burris xtr2. The vortex and the Bushnell are close to the same. I hear a lot more stories about the vortex going back for warranty work than any other scopes. When you get the high end Bushnell has same lifetime warranty and a 1yr no question asked return if your not happy. If you get a good enough deal for something that's normally over a grand i would do it. If limited to under a grand. I really dig my g2 Bushnell but would take a xtr2 or a nightforce if i had the option.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk