Cases for Rem 700
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cases for Rem 700

That won't break the bank.

What are some decent hard cases?

Bangboom,
    I use a Flambeau hard plastic case. I own 3 of them for various rifles and shotguns and they have been great. Very inexpensive when compared to some of the high end hard cases but they've lasted years for me.
    Note. These days you can't check in to a hotel with any long rifle case!!!!

Haven't seen a Flambeau case in years. but agree they were perfect for the money. I will have to Google them and see if they are still around. I also prefer hard cases, regardless of whether I will fly with them or not. eBay or Amazon will usually have better deals than the Big Gun Stores, especially ones like Cabella's, though they do carry some really inexpensive light plastic ones. I have been buying the Two Rifle Hard Airline Approved cases with wheels and using them for single rifles with scopes, one piece cleaning rod, note book and accessories. They are around $140.00 on OpticsPlanet or MidwayUSA, but I have bought them for $99.00 on Amazon. They will accommodate a 3" or bigger forend, if you put a benchrest type stock on the rifle in the future. Another case that I like is the aluminum one from Bullets.com, which is about $89.95.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

I use the Plano double rifle roller case for the long guns and a tactical case for my hand guns mags and loaders. The double rifle case is 121 on Amazon. It has the pluck foam, locks, and is airline approved

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I think we are using the same ones ssmods.

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Double-...ble+rifle+case

I have purchased them on sale for as low as $108.00 delivered. I only put one rifle in each, but add a lot of things and the rifles I put in these cases all have at least a 3" Flat BR forend as well as barrels that are from 27 - 31".

Bob
    Robert Kittine

I see Bob, you didn't name drop so i wasn't quite sure. It did sound about the same. I do need to get another one for the ar. It's in the factory case and i don't like the mags slinging around. That plano case can take a beating. Plus the first year I had my rifle it lived in that thing and not a spot of rust anywhere.

You wouldn't happen to know where replacement foam can be picked up? Over the first year the rifle and foam went through a few changes and it's looking real rough.

Watch for sales on cases at Cabela's. I have a couple of their hard cases made by Boyt and "Branded" Cabela's. Good construction, solid latches, and easy to fit foam.

My rifles are larger than most with scope attached so I have to use a Double Rifle case for just one of my rifles. If one can get by with a single, they are frequently $79 and the Double is only $120 or so.

Considering that each of my precision rifles represents around $7000+, I am more worried about how good the case is rather than it's cost however I've found the Cabela's cases to be more than up to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmods View Post

You wouldn't happen to know where replacement foam can be picked up? Over the first year the rifle and foam went through a few changes and it's looking real rough.

I found this place to be a good source for replacement foam.

Chair Cushion, Boat Cushions, Replacement Cushions, Patio Cushion

Like many, my rifles have had changes over the years and the foam looks a little ragged. I ordered replacement foam from this company then just cut to fit the case. Price was good and foam quality was great.

Tip: When doing the layout of rifle and accessories for cutting, do it backwards. Muzzle pointing to the opposite end of case than you want when finished. Outline with sharpie, cut, then put foam in case the way you want it when finished. All sharpie marks on the bottom. Also, be sure to glue any layers together so they don't move around and get ragged edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot2 View Post
    I found this place to be a good source for replacement foam.

Chair Cushion, Boat Cushions, Replacement Cushions, Patio Cushion

Like many, my rifles have had changes over the years and the foam looks a little ragged. I ordered replacement foam from this company then just cut to fit the case. Price was good and foam quality was great.

Tip: When doing the layout of rifle and accessories for cutting, do it backwards. Muzzle pointing to the opposite end of case than you want when finished. Outline with sharpie, cut, then put foam in case the way you want it when finished. All sharpie marks on the bottom. Also, be sure to glue any layers together so they don't move around and get ragged edges.
    Thanks Deadshot, glad to see you back and hope your trip went well

I have gotten foam (especially the pre-scored) from Plano in the past.
    Robert Kittine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast