It Appears This Forum Has Passed On - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: It Appears This Forum Has Passed On

Ok for a post filler. I've always hunted squirrels, deer, coyote, flying dragon spawn that eat a calf while it's being born. I target shoot when I get a chance. Heck I've got guns I've owned 10+ years and never shot just because they were too cheap not to buy. Now my dilemma , I never was any Optus person. Drs always said I had exceptional vision. Over the last few years that has left me. Old age. Now knowing less than squat about optics. Where do you say good enough. Spent more than the gun cost for scopes for a .300 Win mag, a 6.5 Creedmore and a .270 BDL. I could justify the $$ on the .300, if I want to kill from a distance then I need to up my game. Same with the 6.5 Creedmoor, if I want to pinch holes in paper or coyote from a distance I need to up my game. I'm luck if the stars align just right I can shoot a 809 yard shot on One place on my farm. The rest are 150-200 yard shots. How much can I justify spending on say 250-300 yard at best shots. Problem is I love guns. Will buy a bargain even if I have 2 just like it in the safe. But I have 7-8 non-black rifles in different calibers and with these eyes need optics on them all. So all you Yodas of Optics Please point me in a good general direction of decent affordable scopes so I can get 5-6 rifles mounted mainly just fro punching holes in paper or the occasional coyote killing. Thanks, Keith
    Last edited by Bargain Hunter; 03-14-2019 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Omitted comma which made statement a misrepresentation

Let's get this started as another Thread. I will reply on the new thread.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

I remember when I first joined at how alive this forum was, I regret not posting more back then. Sometimes just browsing isn't enough, participation is life to any forum. I'll do my part to post new content, even though I only own one Remington 700.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Yes, A lot of the guys that were the high count posters and the ones with the most Remington 700 knowledge got fed up and left. It is too bad. Only a hand full or us trying to resurrect this site now.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

I signed up with accurateshooter forum 8-years ago using the same user name, and never posted there either, maybe I should get busy! Especially since I have been consumed with reloading again.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post
    I remember when I first joined at how alive this forum was, I regret not posting more back then. Sometimes just browsing isn't enough, participation is life to any forum. I'll do my part to post new content, even though I only own one Remington 700.
    One is all you need. I haven't posted on here in quite some time either. I would like to see it going strong again. Signing back up over here and coming across this right away kind of sucks. It's also the same damn ads as the other site I left and went back to find in the same condition. Once lively forums are dying all over of the same death.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    DRAGON64 likes this.

Welcome back ssmods. We just need to get the activity up and choke out all the weeds growing in between the nice green blades of grass / 700 posts!

Yes, accurate shooter is a great resource for precision rifle shooting and loading.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

RGK
    I wandered back after staying away for a few years. Might have to buy another 700 lefty...
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by RGK View Post
    I wandered back after staying away for a few years. Might have to buy another 700 lefty...
    Bob
    Same as you, I wanted another M700, and my search led me back to this site. Do you have a model 700 in mind? Hunting? Plinking? Target shooting? etc etc etc I knew that I wanted to shoot ELR (not for compeition), and I wanted something with a nice long heavy varmint barrel. My choices narrowed down to 2 calibers; the 260 Rem or the 30-06. I opted for the 30-06 simply because I already had bullets, powder, primers and shells, I just needed the right rifle. I believe the 260 Rem would have been just as good, if only to keep me from drinking the "6.5 Creedmoor Koolaide"

My next 700 will be an older classic 700BDL Varminter in what ever caliber I can find in the condition I want. My first 700 was a BDL Varmint Model with a bull barrel and no sights in .22-250, which I got in around 1971. Since I don't currently have a long action 700, I am leaning toward a .25-06.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast