It Appears This Forum Has Passed On - Page 3
Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: It Appears This Forum Has Passed On

RGK
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post
    Same as you, I wanted another M700, and my search led me back to this site. Do you have a model 700 in mind? Hunting? Plinking? Target shooting? etc etc etc I knew that I wanted to shoot ELR (not for compeition), and I wanted something with a nice long heavy varmint barrel. My choices narrowed down to 2 calibers; the 260 Rem or the 30-06. I opted for the 30-06 simply because I already had bullets, powder, primers and shells, I just needed the right rifle. I believe the 260 Rem would have been just as good, if only to keep me from drinking the "6.5 Creedmoor Koolaide"
    I'm seriously thinking of a 700C grade from the custom shop in .25-06. It'll go nicely with my older 700 BDL 7MM Mag. I'm going to call the custom shop Monday. Wondering how the move to the Dakota plant has affected anything.
    Bob
    Last edited by RGK; 05-05-2019 at 12:00 AM.

You will find that the people at the Remington Custom Shop Division at Dakota Arms are great to deal with and are much more attentive than the last group that ran it in Ilion. Probably knowing the fait of their company and location, there were not focused on Customer Service.

One advantage I found in my last custom shop purchase (a 40X action) was that although when the transfer happened, Remington shipped the barrel making equipment to Dakota, no one was experienced at barrel making nor wanted to do that. Not sure what they are doing now, while they were building my last purchase they asked if I would MIND if the used a Krieger Barrel instead of a Remington Barrel. I was happy with that turn of events and extremely happy with the end rifle.

Let me know if you need any of the contact information for them.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

RGK
    Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    You will find that the people at the Remington Custom Shop Division at Dakota Arms are great to deal with and are much more attentive than the last group that ran it in Ilion. Probably knowing the fait of their company and location, there were not focused on Customer Service.

One advantage I found in my last custom shop purchase (a 40X action) was that although when the transfer happened, Remington shipped the barrel making equipment to Dakota, no one was experienced at barrel making nor wanted to do that. Not sure what they are doing now, while they were building my last purchase they asked if I would MIND if the used a Krieger Barrel instead of a Remington Barrel. I was happy with that turn of events and extremely happy with the end rifle.

Let me know if you need any of the contact information for them.

Bob
    Thanks for the help! Talked with "Rick" today at the custom shop...looks like everything I want is do-able, without extra expense. He's sending me photos of some blanks to pick out my wood. Going to be lots of fun having this one built. Looks like I'll be waiting 6-8 months. Should be here in time for a spring Axis deer and hog hunt.
    Bob
    DRAGON64 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

That is about what mine took to get built. I think you will like the results from them.

Bob
    RGK likes this.
    Robert Kittine

RGK
    Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    That is about what mine took to get built. I think you will like the results from them.

Bob
    Gun is in the works...now the waiting begins.
    Bob

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123