It Appears This Forum Has Passed On
Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: It Appears This Forum Has Passed On

It Appears This Forum Has Passed On

I've been logging on now for about the last week or so and noting that the only new posts are from the two guys who are using the Forum for their free advertising, and this is with rare exception.
    Posts from other members who would normally ask questions or offer information, again with rare exception, are practically non-existant.
    I suppose that most members have tired of logging on only to see advertisements, and the rational is that if there is no one left to offer support and advise, there is no need to proceed any further than the new posts screen.
    That is sad. I've really enjoyed the forum for the short time I have been a member, but there is little left here. Hopefully the knowledgable folks have moved on to other forums where their expertise will be read and digested.
    Bitter Gun Owner
    Bitter Clinger
    Armed Infidel

Yeah it was a pretty good time, then wham it went advertising central.
    Advertising 700 Remington products wouldn’t be so bad,but baseball,boats,radios..etc..etc.just doesn’t get it.
    I think most of use who joined this expected to share knowledge and experiences with shooting and enhancing the 700.
    When I first joined that’s the way it was I don’t know what happened,but apparently the owner of this forum doesn’t care,or is just collecting advertising fees. Anyway that’s the way I see it ,I could be wrong.

The main posters that were on this site, DeadShotII etc., were a real wealth of information. I have posted numerous times about this on this site and would be happy to become a Paying Member if the funds that members put in were used to offset the loss of what I bet is paid advertising on the site. The baseball stuff has at least stopped. I have tried to keep things going where I can.

The same thing is happening to BurntPowder.com.

If you are a target or bench rest shooter, sign up on www.AccurateShooter.com. Lots of activity there. If you like short range precision shooting, Benchrest Central ? Absolute Source for Accuracy Components and Information is active.

Though Remington 700s are popular and prolific, it may be a little narrow in interest.

There are plenty of other sites more dedicated to hunters.

For the time being I am trying to stay active here, but I am not sure for how long. The owner(s) of the site don't seem to care. Not even sure that there are any moderators reading things.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Snipers Hide is also a very good site. While it seems to be geared mostly towards tactical shooters, there is a lot of good info there on bolt guns and reloading.
    Bitter Gun Owner
    Bitter Clinger
    Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    The main posters that were on this site, DeadShotII etc., were a real wealth of information. I have posted numerous times about this on this site and would be happy to become a Paying Member if the funds that members put in were used to offset the loss of what I bet is paid advertising on the site. The baseball stuff has at least stopped. I have tried to keep things going where I can.

The same thing is happening to BurntPowder.com.

If you are a target or bench rest shooter, sign up on www.AccurateShooter.com. Lots of activity there. If you like short range precision shooting, Benchrest Central ? Absolute Source for Accuracy Components and Information is active.

Though Remington 700s are popular and prolific, it may be a little narrow in interest.

There are plenty of other sites more dedicated to hunters.

For the time being I am trying to stay active here, but I am not sure for how long. The owner(s) of the site don't seem to care. Not even sure that there are any moderators reading things.

Bob
    By harrassing the Admin I got rid of Official Baseball but they are silent on the ad issue, especially Gun.Deal which isn’t really a vendor,. As for moderators, most haven’t been on in a year or more.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

Thanks Doom.

Yes, SnipersHide is popular with Tactical Shooting and I think you can find DeadShotII there.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

I joined 700 rifle.com because of my love for the gun that goes back to my first a 700 BDL in .270. I'm not a shooting purist and definitely not the person to ask for information. But overall I've been disappointed in the site. It's like watching the death spasms of a room 9 patient in an ambulance. There doesn't seem to be many active threads. Or maybe I'm looking in wrong places. But when I troll the site a new thread is rare. I wish the site had more activity or maybe everyone is above my understanding idk. But I do hope it picks up into a more enjoyable site. My best to All.

Keith Martin
    NRA Life Benefactor Member
    Retired Firfighter Local 345
    Dedicated Farmer and Hunter

I don’t think anyone is above your understanding,some have a lot more experience than others,that’s who I seek out,and if I can contribute something I will.
    It’s all the advertising thats getting on everybody’s nerves,and there doesn’t seem to be any effort to fix it.

If a few of us post enough and the New Post Page at least looks like there are more posts than ads, maybe we can revive the site, but I do know that the real high post count guys have been gone for a long time.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast