Remington BDL rifle purchase
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remington BDL rifle purchase

Once again I've gone full circle looking at different brands of rifles and as usual I always make my way back to the ole dependable, beautiful Remington 700.
    I was wondering about this X-Mark Pro trigger system and if this has worked out well for anyone whose purchased the newer rifles ?

My last purchase in the Remington line was a new VLS 308 that has been a very nice rifle. Only problem I had with it was the trigger would only adjust down to 6lbs and I had to replace it with a Timney trigger system for a little over $100. Before buying another Remington I'd like to know is this new X- Mark Pro working out for you guys ?

Thanks so much, Dave

I had one external adjustable and one internal, circa 2008 and 2012. Both have been replaced.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

First thing that goes on any of my 700s is the Remington Trigger. Timney CE, Jewel or Bigs-N-Andy depending on what I am doing with the rifle.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

I have 9 700’s, 2 of them have walker triggers,those 2 are adjusted to 3.5 lbs,I’ve never had problems with them.
    The other 7 with the newer triggers have all been replaced with Timneys, never could get the xpro’s to adjust under 6 lbs ever.

Damn shame to buy a new rifle and right off the bat add $100+ to make the trigger pull right. Thanks again for your replies.

From the custom shop you can get a 700 delivered with a 2 ounce trigger, but it won't be a Remington trigger. I have one 40X with the 40X trigger and that one set a 1.5 pounds is decent, but that came from the custom shop and was worked.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Still shopping around and back to Remington 700's again. Stopped by a packed out Mom and Pop store this week that sells about every brand made.
    Looking at their BDL rifles offered and something else catches my eye. They had several ADL 200th anniversary rifles on display that I really like the looks of maybe even over the BDL type. He asked what cal I was looking for and I told him 270 this time around. He digs through a mountain of boxes in the corner of the room and comes out with a beautiful rifle.
    I'm thinking this is what I want and being priced at $599 I can still buy a new trigger system if needed and be okay price wise.

Thanks, Dave

Nothing wrong with an ADL and yes, many prefer that look, especially in the earlier BDLs.
    Robert Kittine

Purchased the ADL Anniversary rifle yesterday and I'm very pleased. Tried the trigger pull before placing it in the safe and it's not to bad. I'll check that later this week on the gauge. Shopping for a nice Vortex scope will be next on the list.

Good instructions on how to adjust the Xmark Pro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWzN7bsk50g&t=2s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast