Remington 700 LTR .223 questions.
Join Today

Remington 700 LTR .223 questions.

I recently purchase a 2008 Remington LTR in .223
    I have few questions.
    According to Remington's records it was shipped with 40X trigger. I dont see an adjustment screw. Trigger is silver in color and brakes at about 3.5 LBS. How can I tell if this is indeed a 40X trigger?
    What kind of accuracy should I expect from a stock condition LTR .223 at 100 yards? ( assuming good mounting system, good scope and Federal , Winchester std factory 55 grain ammunition )

Also , I am using a Warne steel tactical rail and TPS 30mm aluminum rings to mount a Bushnell Tactical Elite 6-24x50 scope does this combination make sense or I should get steel rings?
    Than You
    Last edited by AP3572001; 08-10-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Welcome to the form xxxxx.

With regard to the trigger, this may help you:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=reming...1d74cf8fb82591

With regard to what accuracy to expect at 100 yards, it is hard to predict. Most Remington 700s with a little work and reloads will shot under 1 MOA (About 1" at 100 yards). But, that little work means bedding the action and floating the barrel as a minimum.

After that, the best first step is a trigger upgrade to at least a Timney if not a Timney Calvin Elite.

You will also find that YOUR PARTICULAR rifle may very well like one factory type cartridge over another. What twist does your barrel have? It will make a big difference when selecting ammo or reloading for it. Then what free bore in your chamber? If you don't know, you can check for both.

Best, Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Thank You. My trigger is silver in color and has no visible adjustment screws. I wonder if it is 40x. Cant tell

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Is the face of the trigger grooved or smooth?
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

Smooth , silver color , no visible external adjustents .

Sounds like an X Mark Pro. Early models were not externally adjustable.

Mel @ Sniper Central noted the following:

“For a while Remington made some LTR’s with 40x triggers for one of the big distributors. You can tell by looking at the trigger, if it has vertical ribs and the trigger shoe AND there is an external adjustable allen screw at the top of the shoe (to adjust trigger weight) then its a 40X trigger.”

Pull the action out of the stock and see if you can find a part number on the trigger. I have both x marks in a drawer so we can compare.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill