Model 700 vs. Model 766?
Join Today
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Winxp_Man

Thread: Model 700 vs. Model 766?

Model 700 vs. Model 766?

I have a left handed Model 700 CDL in 30-06, and have wished I could get one in .223 but I didn't think Remington made it in .223. Well I've found a used rifle in .223 that looks just like my 700 CDL, but it's called a Model 766 LH (left hand). I think I'll buy it if I can get it for a decent price on it. BUT I'd like to know more about it first....ANYBODY heard of this model before (assume it's out of production now) or know anything about it? Thanks!

You must mean a Remington 788 never heard of a 766.

That's what I originally thought it might be too. The online photo could be better so that's the problem I think. The 66 is definitely not a 88, so I think it's most likely a 00- making it a 700. More online hunting around last night lead me to believe its probably a Remington Part Number:7101. I have an email into the seller so hopefully he'll confirm that. Thanks for your response!

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

There have been a number of vaiiations of the 700 made by Remington. Probably a 788 as stated as the 660 looks a lot different. Can you post a picture?

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch2A View Post
    That's what I originally thought it might be too. The online photo could be better so that's the problem I think. The 66 is definitely not a 88, so I think it's most likely a 00- making it a 700. More online hunting around last night lead me to believe its probably a Remington Part Number:7101. I have an email into the seller so hopefully he'll confirm that. Thanks for your response!
    In all honesty, I would personally stay away from the remmys other than the 700's. Hard to tune or do much to any other model if it does not shoot well. I have friends that have bought other remmy models only to regret it, and me in the background telling them I told you so haha!
    DRAGON64 likes this.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp