700 SPS stainless 25-06
Join Today

700 SPS stainless 25-06

Brand new to the forum and I did a search but couldn't find any suggestions as to where I should start.

Looking for suggestions for the best ammo off the shelf? 1:10 twist

Coyote?

Deer/hog?

Thanks!!

Tim

With that twist rate, I would look at anything with a projectile weight of about 115 grains, to start with. You will need a faster twist to stabilize the really heavier projectiles.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Get some Federal 100 grain Ballistic tips. Will kill any deer alive. Deadly on coyotes. Since I do not reload any more, that is all I have used for years. You do not need those heavier bullets for deer. Never hunted hogs, so you might need something tougher for them. But I will tell you this. They will shoot thru the floor board of a pick up, the transmission case, and both sides of the torque converter. So, they might go thru the grizzle plate on a boar hog. I have killed 3 coyotes at over 600 yards and a couple of deer around 500 yards. One shot kills on deer, but I always try for a behind the shoulder shot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

100 Grain should be perfect for that twist rate. What you will find though is that if you are not going to reload, what shoots well in someone's rifle may not shoot well in your. So if you are going to only use factory ammo, try every thing you can find in the 90-115 grain weight and see what shoots the best. As KS25-06 said, 100 grains will do the job on most North American game.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York