Remington Walker Trigger Replacement
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Remington Walker Trigger Replacement

Remington Walker Trigger Replacement

It looks like their court agreement to replace the Walker trigger has been sabotaged by their chapter 11 bankruptcy. I had submitted a request to Remington for replacement, but changed my mind and decided to do it myself.
    A few days ago I received a formal letter from the bankruptcy officials stating I was eligible to participate in the bankruptcy proceedings to file a claim as a creditor since I was on record for a trigger replacement.
    This is just a heads-up for anyone planning to send their rifle to Remington for a new trigger. I would be concerned about getting it back.
    naugthy likes this.

Thanks for the update.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

Yes, thank you. With all the horror stories I have heard about rifles sent back to Remington in recent years (though a few went smoothly), I would not go throught that for the risk and another remington trigger. Just get yourself a better trigger, Timney Calvin Elite etc. and you will be happy.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

I got a letter from the bankruptcy court also. I wonder if it is worth following through on the phone meeting. I never sent mine in for the replacement.

I got the letter also, but I own stock in the company, which I never thought would ever make me any money.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

The trigger recall was handled entirely wrong,almost like on porpoise it’s mystifying why a company of this stature would operate in a Mickey Mouse fixing procedure.

Remington has been going down hill for years. Fortunately there are plenty of 700s out there and plenty of factory and after market parts for them. I hope that Dakota Arms survives this current mess.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

I have had five or six Remington bolt action rifles in the last few years. I just don't see in my experience this flood of 3rd class firearms. I also have sent two rifles back for work without a problem. One was to have the trigger replaced. The other had a magazine box worked on by Bubba.

700 SPS in 7mm-08: The trigger replacement was done in a repair station. My gripe is that it is not adjustable. The pull runs four pounds. If I don't like this trigger there's the option of something aftermarket. My 7mm-08 SPS is a keeper. The jury is still out on the trigger. The factory replacement breaks cleanly with no overtravel.

I recently was involved in a thread elsewhere. Much there about a Remington 721 came from cloud cuckoo land. That junk gets started and gets a life of its own. These problems get exaggerated until the entire brand is junk. Don't think its so.
    Last edited by Roundball; 08-26-2020 at 07:49 PM.

When I say Remington has been going down hill for years, I am not talking about the product, I am talking about the management and business decisions.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Thanks for clarification.

g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast