where have all the 700's gone ?
Join Today

where have all the 700's gone ?

Now Big Green split up, firearms division might be up & running next year? I'm sure the 700, 870 & V3 will remain in the line up. I kinda gauge gun market on Gun Broker, earlier this year 25-35 pages of 700's, now tonight its 8 pages including used guns. They're grapping them up like 870 riot guns since the panic set in last March. A 700 classic model 7 mm Mauser with box on fire @ $1400 ++. The demand for 700 higher than for pre-64 model 70's.

Worth building a rifle on a Custom 700 Clone receiver at the current prices.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

A long time retired friend from Remington (Illion) called me the other day; Marlin is finishing up 2020 production; sales are excellent, daily production being shipped. So the current news is Ruger moving Marlin to North Carolina and not AZ. Remington modernized Marlin with all new CNC and Ruger moving all of it to N.C. We all hope Marlin adds the new 350 legend to the lever line as they also produce 350 L in their Ruger American rifle line. That would be a dream come true for lever lovers

Prior to the sale Remington did sell off quite a bit of Firearm parts to raise cash to buy/pay for raw materials to manufacture firearms and ammo. As far Remington firearms, no word yet from the new owner, they announced after the Bankruptcy judge awarded their bid, have all the intentions of reviving Remington firearms, lets all hope so.
    Last edited by mayor; 11-26-2020 at 05:18 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

As much as I like my 700s and 40Xs, once you get into custom builds, it is hard to go back. Today, though I do not like their looks, the new Savages are as good or better right out of the box than the 700s. But, I would hate to see the next generations, not growing up with the ability to get into rifle shooting with a model 700. As a shotgun shooter also, there are plenty of replacements for the 870 and 1100s so not worried about that.

If Dakota Arms continues to be operated and remains the Remington Custom Shop, I will for sure order from them again in the future. A close friend of mine retired from Remington and had been in the custom shop for 35 years, finally becoming its manager about 5 years prior to retirement. After he left things went straight down hill there.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York