What year is 700 BDL - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If it got action in Vietnam, it looks like it was well cared for. I figured Doom or Mayor would have a better answer.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

I can’t believe this rifle would have seen action in Vietnam unless it was a personal civilian weapon stored in an embassy. The embassy in Saigon was overrun at on point. A varmint caliber rifle in 22-250 would be a liability in the field. You would be limited in the ability to replenish ammunition. At the time the standard military ammunition was 7.62x51, 30 cal (30-06) and 223 Rem (5.56x45).

Most commanders would allow you to have a personal weapon on base, but not allow it to be taken into the field for just that reason.
    Robert Kittine

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

The more I think about it, it might have been used on base for varmint control. Neither the M16 or M14 were easily scoped. I didn’t serve but I would assume that rats would have been an issue.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

I was just told it had seen action in Vietnam. I really doubted it. But it is a plausible story based on manufacture date.

Question, any info on rifle value, that is a weaver k10 60c scope on it. It is not mint but, for a 50+ year old rifle there is no rusting, a few dings on the bolt. Very smooth action. Great trigger pull, no play.

Thanks again
    Randy

Weaver K10-1, B and Cs are plentiful and prices range all over the place. Like Unertl target scopes, they have a following. I do not think you will see any value added for the rifle's Vietnam Pedigree, unless there was some really interesting use or ownership. If you decide to sell it, check the auction sites and see what they are selling for. You should have no problem selling it as long as the bore is good.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Hi Randy Sample,

A warm welcome to the 700 Rifle forum.

Visit often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12