Lack of site help or support!
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lack of site help or support!

Lack of site help or support!

So I sent a PM to VS Admin, on 4/30, again on 5/4, and again on 5/12. I have received NOTHING! Is there anyone monitoring this site?
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

Doesn’t appear to be.

Same issues we had when we were trying to see if the commercial ads could be limited in some way or at least consolidated.

Bob
    jacinda likes this.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

I’ve been trying to get get them to look at some way off target post, like the old hockey and baseball posts that kept popping up a while back.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

This site seems to be just a place for vendors to peddle their stuff. However, I have gotten some very quick answers to my questions, and for that I am thankful.
    A recent study found the average Canadian walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found Canadians drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer a year. That means, on average, Canadians get about 41 miles to the gallon. Kind of makes you proud to be Canadian, doesn't it??!!

Craig, There are a few of us that are trying hard to keep this site alive. There were hundreds of members in the past with thousands of posts that gave up and left. It is really unfortunate. Just help us and sign in often and participate and maybe we can get things to pick up.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Craig, There are a few of us that are trying hard to keep this site alive. There were hundreds of members in the past with thousands of posts that gave up and left. It is really unfortunate. Just help us and sign in often and participate and maybe we can get things to pick up.

Bob
    Ditto!
    Winston Churchill

So I guess the question to answer is, why did everyone leave?
    A recent study found the average Canadian walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found Canadians drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer a year. That means, on average, Canadians get about 41 miles to the gallon. Kind of makes you proud to be Canadian, doesn't it??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig H. View Post
    So I guess the question to answer is, why did everyone leave?
    There were serious spam issues. We still have problems. That was why I was trying to get the admin. He just replied. See below. We have to deal with Gun.Deals now which makes sorting through active topics a pain in the A__. All that one is is a site that posts deals for other sites.

Not sure but I also suspect that the market change to new shooters buying AR's is partly to blame. Fewer new bolt guys.

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.
    We are currently very backlogged.
    I have banned those users as they were spammers.

Thanks,

Ed
    Winston Churchill

Doom is right, for a while between the Spammers and the Multiple Vendor adds you might see 50 posts and have to scan through to find the one or two that were real. The major scammers are gone, but the ads persist, though they are better. There used to be the same vendors posting multiple adds multiple times a day.

Many of the past members were into long range target shooting and were and still are active on Sniper Hide. Depending on what kind of shooting you do usually drives people to specific sites. If you search some topics rather than just looking at new posts you will find a lot of other guys that have posted in the past like DeadShotII who have well over 3,000 posts, etc.

If you are a competition shooter or heavily into target shooting, you should check out AccurateShooter.com. You will find threads and answers on Remington 700s but that is probably the only rifle other than custom actions that are featured there. Hence why I feel that keeping this site going would be great.

Today I only have 3 700s. Most of my rifles are on Borden Or BAT action platforms, but I started with 700s in the 70s and still think the world of them.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast