Greetings From Australia !
Join Today

Greetings From Australia !

Just signed up from Australia, and I live roughly 85 miles from Melbourne, right next door to Phillip Island

Been Shooting and re-loading for years, (but do not reload shotgun rounds)

I have 2 Remington 700's, along with other Rifles and Shotguns of various makes
    A BDL in 270Win, and an SPS in 376 H & H Magnum.

The 375 is proving a bit of a handful, to get consistent groups out to 300 yards !

Never mind I like the challenge and I hope I can be of some help to others.

Cheers
    Bucky

Hey Bucky, Welcome to the Forum. I love 700s, but also love Melbourne. I used to run a division of TNT and was down under at least once a month. Mainly in Redfern in those days, when it was not the nicest place, but loved hopping over to Melbourne. Felt more like being in central Europe.

So how is it these days with firearms? I was there in both pre-1996 and for a while during the first few years of Post 96.

Good Luck with the 375. I like my mild shooters at my age and condition.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Cheers Bob

Melbourne has "modernized" somewhat to what it used to be. There are Freeways, and they are trying to link then all up, which is the bit I like, as towing our Caravan trrough the place can be sometimes a bit trying, but we do it anyway.

Lygon Street Carlton is still the best cosmopolitan eating place I have ever seen, and there are also still hundreds of coffee shops scattered about.
    So it's a big YES to the mini Europe atmosphere.

Funnily enough, there are more Firearms about now than ever, just not many Semi Auto's, as they are restricted to Farms and farmers with feral animal issues.
    Bolt action actually makes us all better shots, and a lot cheaper to run, so we buy more guns.
    The Police can drop around anytime, and provided you have done your "due diligence", ie safe, hidden key, separate ammo location, and locked up, they are happy too.

As far as obtaining Rifles and Shotguns it's a fairly easy process, once you have done all the Police Checks, and passed safety courses.
    eg I recently Drove over to Morwell, the closest Gun Shop to me, and looked at a new Shotgun. It fitted well, and came up to my shoulder very fast and easy, so we agreed on a price, and did a permit "on line", and under 10 minutes, walked out of the shop with it.

Can't get better than that anywhere.

The 375 H & H is just a big 30 06, in performance and kick, or should I say push, and is no where as savage as what a lot of people think it is.
    I think I have it all sorted (finally) and have loaded up some duplicate rounds, to confirm things.

Hope you like the photo of it, just after I camouflaged with Krylon paint, and a good mate of mine trying it out.

DSC_2634.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Hi Bucky,

A warm welcome to the 700 rifle forum.

Visit often.

I always found Melbourne to seem more like Europe than down under. My favorite city in Australia.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York